Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My SLP cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My SLP cover

I finally got around to putting it on the car to see how it fits and looks. The cover came with the car when I purchased it.

I have a question however. Where do I attatch the cable to lock it into place so that it will not blow off or get stolen?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Any car cover I've ever seen had either a hole or another cable on the oposite side and you ran the cable under the car and connect them together.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Then it seems I am missing the other cable...
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No, you loop the cable through one side of the cover...throw it to the other side under the car and run it through the loop and lock it. It helps to put the lock on it and throw it so you have some weight on the end of the cable. Also be sure to put the lock inside the pocket of the cover so if it flaps from the wind it wont bang it onto the car.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, it just didn't seem like it was long enough.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by texasglock23
Ok, it just didn't seem like it was long enough.
It has to be kind of tight to keep it secured...if its the cable that came with it it is long enough.

On a side note are you going to be storing your car outside with that cover? If so its probably not the best choice. Its great for inside storage (basicaly to keep dust off) but I wouldnt use it to protect the car from rain and sun damage. A Noah would be a much better choice IMO (and I have both.)
Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I do have a garage, but as you can see from the pic it is tiny. The car will not be parked all winter. She is my DD along with my Tahoe. But on deployments she will be either garaged or kept under cover. For that I will look into better choices.

The only way to get to my backyard is through the garage, and there isn't much room. I am afraid to leave in the garage for 7 months with my wife and two dogs.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
It has to be kind of tight to keep it secured...if its the cable that came with it it is long enough.

On a side note are you going to be storing your car outside with that cover? If so its probably not the best choice. Its great for inside storage (basicaly to keep dust off) but I wouldnt use it to protect the car from rain and sun damage. A Noah would be a much better choice IMO (and I have both.)
Not sure if you experience this, but every morning I wake up and my car is covered in dew, then i get water stains. Will the noah cover protect from that? My cars left outside and I live up north....i need a cover anyways, but im sick of my car being constantly water stained
Old 10-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I
am afraid to leave in the garage for 7 months with my wife and two dogs.
]

If you leave the wife and dogs in the garage for 7 months with the car...you should be afraid for it!!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
I]

If you leave the wife and dogs in the garage for 7 months with the car...you should be afraid for it!!
Smartass

What I meant by that is there is just enough room to squeeze by to open the door leading to the back yard. 7 months is a long time to trust that either one of them won't screw it up. If I can sell my stock wheels and tires that would free up a bit more room. But no bites.