Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Some Detailing Questions (NXT 2.0, Black Magic, Meguiars)...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Detailing Questions (NXT 2.0, Black Magic, Meguiars)...

I was thinking of getting the NXT 2.0 Carnauba Waxes for Christmas...whats the difference between the paste and I'm guessing the other one is a liquid? They are the same price....anyone notice a difference between liq and paste?

As far as over the counter products go, is there anything you guys would prefer wax-wise over the NXT stuff? I'm mainly looking for the best protection from bugs/rocks/etc. since my bird is a DD.

Wheel-wise, I used a buddy's ArmorAll wheel cleaner (don't do it!) and it left terrible white streaks on my wheels which don't seem to come off after washing. Anyone know how I can restore the deep vibrant shine of black wheels to factory condition and get rid of these damn streaks?

Here's my Xmas list...see anything bad in here?
-Black Magic Titanium Tire Gel
-Black Magic Titanium Wheel Cleaner
-Meguiars ScratchX 2.0
-Meguiars Smooth Clay Kit
-Meguiars Protectant Interior Wipes

I need a quick detailer too....any suggestions? What else am I missing? I don't really want special washes so don't worry about those.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're stuck on NXT, get the paste, it will last a lot longer, usage wise.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Launching!

quick detailer get ice, it is the only one i have ever tried but it works amazing so i suggest it to every one my dad even bought some after he saw how good the results are...
Old 11-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
If you're stuck on NXT, get the paste, it will last a lot longer, usage wise.
I'm certainly not stuck on it, but Ive seen a good number of people say they liked it so far.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

from my experience, i went through all these waxes and polishes, and i just was never satisfied with the results and durability. personally if u are gonna spend ur money on this stuff look into zaino bros detailing packs, u will not be disappointed at all trust me, just do yourself and check them out goodluck
Old 11-29-2008, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

The new NXT 2.0 is good stuff.... and at a price you cannot beat. Oh yeah... paste is where its at. Ive used both paste and liquid.. both work good but the paste is the only way to really apply carnauba. I also have a bottle pf Megs NXT quick detailer that I use on occasion, again good stuff. Megs has a few different quick detailers, you cant go wrong with any of them. Their clay is great too... so definitely go with their clay.

IMO I detail professionally and with your list I would nix the wheel cleaner and interior wipes. For wheel cleaner theres nothing better then a good microfiber towel or mit with a good soap, maybe get a bottle of NXT soap or even the Megs Gold Class soap. Keep your wheel towel/mit dedicated to the wheels only, dont use it on the car. From what I remember the NXT soap has water softeners in it which may benefit you especially having black wheels.

Interior wipes... IMO these are junk. Again... get a couple good microfiber towels and a spray bottle of interior dressing, Meguiars has some decent ones. Use one towel to apply the dressing and the other to remove any excess dressing.

As I mentioned, nix the wipes and wheel cleaner and instead get a little bucket for wheels, a pack of microfibers, Megs interior dressing, and a good car soap.

Now... if you want some REALLY good stuff that you can order online that isnt too far out there price wise I can send you a couple ideas on those too. There are many many other great products out there that make Zaino look like novelty... and you can get them at lower prices too.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Avengeance
Now... if you want some REALLY good stuff that you can order online that isnt too far out there price wise I can send you a couple ideas on those too. There are many many other great products out there that make Zaino look like novelty... and you can get them at lower prices too.
Also, what would you recommend for a protctant for the dash (mine looks like its starting to fade), and cleaner/conditioners for the leather interior (or pleather as gm likes to use)?

You can pm me if you're not allowed to post them here.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before i put my car away for winter i washed my car with dawn. i used Meguiars Step 1 which is a cleaner wax. It removes fine scratches and swirls. I applied this all by hand, and took it off by hand. Then i used Megiuars NXT wax. I applied it with a buffer using a microfiber towel, removed it with the same buffer using a terry cloth towel, then i used my microfiber towel and polished it by hand jsut to make sure i got all the wax off

Here are my results:

Old 12-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Not bad sir, not bad at all.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bones87
Not bad sir, not bad at all.
NXT is a good product. And the results speak for itself

Quick Reply: Some Detailing Questions (NXT 2.0, Black Magic, Meguiars)...