Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Detailed my neighbors F350 KING RANCH

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Detailed my neighbors F350 KING RANCH

Well saturday I spent almost 6hrs detailing my neighbors 2007 black F-350 King Ranch. It only had 16k on it but was in need of a good buffing/waxing and interior cleaning since him and his wife both SMOKE in it. I didnt take any interior pics but u guys get the idea. These were all taken after I was done

Old 04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice. What was your process?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good, but it is a 2008.

Ryan
Old 04-06-2009, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks clean
Old 04-06-2009, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow
looks good, but it is a 2008.

Ryan

Ya know, just after I posted it I thought it was a 08. My bad.

As far as process goes

.1 cleaned wheels with a non acid cleaner. And door jambs with all purpose and a wash mit

.2 cleaned engine bay and dressed. Again using a good all purpose cleaner

3. Washed and chamois dried the entire truck. Used air compressor to blow out any water in the grill, taillights, etc...

4. cleaned all door panels, cupholders, plastics with a diluted all purpose a gray 3m scotch brite pad, a rag, a detail brush and a blow gun

4. Carpet and mats were vaccumed, then shampooed with using a carpet cleaner with a clean wash mit and scrubbed with a porter cable angle drill with a nylon bristle brush attachment on it. It works pretty well to help lift any set in stains

5. All plastics were then dressed along with the leather conditioned.

6. Interior windows were cleaned

7. Exterior was claybard to clean the surface of the paint

8. some areas of the truck had bad hard water stains from his sprinkler system, so I had to use a wool pad on my makita buffer with 3M compound to remove the stains.

9. Any areas that were compounded with the wool pad were then gone over with a yellow foam cutting pad and the same 3M compound.

10. All compound residue was cleaned off and then the whole truck was polished using a blue soft foam polishing pad and a foam pad glaze.

11. Then follwed by a coat of Collonite sealer wax using a orbital with a terry cloth bonnite.

12. Tires were dressed, windows cleaned, and any other little details taken car of. Iam sure I missed some things but thats the jhist of it.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Well I don't know what it looked like before but it looks good now.....for a Ford anyway
Old 04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Truck looks good. I love the Ford Super duty trucks.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

I hate the king ranch I have! Seats stain easy, paint sucks and the 6.0 diesel couldn't pull a sick ***** out of bed!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Well I don't know what it looked like before but it looks good now.....for a Ford anyway

Yeah not too shabby for a Ford.

I didnt even think to take any before shots. But it wasnt that dirty on the outside, besides the hard water stains on some areas.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gsxr1k2
I hate the king ranch I have! Seats stain easy, paint sucks and the 6.0 diesel couldn't pull a sick ***** out of bed!
Yeah he had the same issue with the seats. He left a bottle of Windex on the front passenger seat and it leaked a little on the back rest while sitting in the hot florida sun and turned the leather almost white.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
As far as process goes

.1 cleaned wheels with a non acid cleaner. And door jambs with all purpose and a wash mit

.2 cleaned engine bay and dressed. Again using a good all purpose cleaner

3. Washed and chamois dried the entire truck. Used air compressor to blow out any water in the grill, taillights, etc...

4. cleaned all door panels, cupholders, plastics with a diluted all purpose a gray 3m scotch brite pad, a rag, a detail brush and a blow gun

4. Carpet and mats were vaccumed, then shampooed with using a carpet cleaner with a clean wash mit and scrubbed with a porter cable angle drill with a nylon bristle brush attachment on it. It works pretty well to help lift any set in stains

5. All plastics were then dressed along with the leather conditioned.

6. Interior windows were cleaned

7. Exterior was claybard to clean the surface of the paint

8. some areas of the truck had bad hard water stains from his sprinkler system, so I had to use a wool pad on my makita buffer with 3M compound to remove the stains.

9. Any areas that were compounded with the wool pad were then gone over with a yellow foam cutting pad and the same 3M compound.

10. All compound residue was cleaned off and then the whole truck was polished using a blue soft foam polishing pad and a foam pad glaze.

11. Then follwed by a coat of Collonite sealer wax using a orbital with a terry cloth bonnite.

12. Tires were dressed, windows cleaned, and any other little details taken car of. Iam sure I missed some things but thats the jhist of it.
Wow, you must have been smoking to get that done in 6 hours.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

yeah I started at about 8 o'clock in the morning. And finished at about 2 or so. No breaks for me, just wanted to get it done.

Quick Reply: Detailed my neighbors F350 KING RANCH