Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need ideas for front plate(long story)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas for front plate(long story)

Alright well im leaving stop and shop and i see a black saleen heading in the direction i am. So what do i do....give chase. Well in the process I wind out first to get close to the guy. I cruise next to him for a bit and decide to go on my way because of how heavily patrolled this area is.

So Im at the light and I see a cop cut off 5 people behind be in the break down lane to get right behind me. I notice this and keep my cool and shift off from the light at 1700. Well 1/2 mile down the road he decides to pull me over and give me crap. 1st thing he gives the car a walk around, no front plate.....ect.

So he comes to the window and says you MUST know what to do, why dont you have your license and registration ready for me. I was always taught to never scuffle around for your registration until asked because he may get suspicious you may have a weapon. He takes the info and heads to his car.

When he gets back he gets 4 in from my face in the window and says " you know there are 3 rules when you want to do stupid ****. 1) look around for police. 2) Do whatever it is you want to do. 3) hope you dont get caught." Then he asks me to rev, I do to 2k and he said "no how loud you were before." I then took it to 3k and he said he doesnt know why he is doing this but he gave me a warning. I think he just liked the car and wanted to hear it.

During the whole ordeal I was very respectful using Sir and using my thank you's ect. I got away with a warning that if I was seen w/o a front plate again he would pull me again. I got noted for Excessive noise-Exhaust and Fail to display both plates.

Now does anyone have ideas on how to get a front plate in the car w/o it looking like trash? Sorry so long.

Mark
Old 11-08-2003, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could try SLP. they have a plate holder that mounts to the underside of the front bumper and sticks out a few inches from the nose. Or you could put it on the dash and stick it up so it's seen from the front. Though i don't know if they'll bust your ***** about that. I know the feeling i'm not gonna put a plate on the front of my TA. If i have to i'll put it on dash. That factory plate is never coming off.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Teching In

I've had my front plate suctioned to the windshield on the inside for about 2 months now. I know cops have seen it before and I never had trouble. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe that's good enough for them. I know here in TX they are bozo's about that ****. Seems to be cool for now.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

mount it on your air dam. it is technically permantly attached to the vechile.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

LOL Mines posted alright.... IN MY BACKSEAT

I don't put it on b/c the T/A just looks GORGEOUS w/o it on. I'll put it on when I get pulled over and told to put it on. All I'll tell em is that I didn't know how to get the front plate off and if you would like to help me that would terrific.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kulablkta
mount it on your air dam. it is technically permantly attached to the vechile.
This is what I did for a while, still looks trashy, but better than normal
Old 11-12-2003, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I knwo how y'all feel. Ive been pulled over for it 3 times. I just tell them I didnt know it "HAD" to be on there. One cop told me its supposed to be on the farthest front of the car, but thye prolly wont hassel you if its on the dash, or stuck to the windshield. My Liscence plate is in the hatch back. I still havent put it on. I seriously doubt that a cop would give you a ticket for that, atleast around here.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It cost me $81.00 for no front plate 1 month ago.

I just got on the highway around 9:30pm set the cruise at 65 and headed home, a few minutes later, I saw a cop coming up on my right. He started to pass me on the right, he got about 2 car lengths ahead but had to hit the brakes cuz he was coming up on a car.

This was a 3 lane highway, I was in the middle lane.

He slowed down, got behind me for about 1 mile and turn his light on.

I pulled over and he said he pulled me over for no front plate. I said its right there, pointing to my pass side wideshield. He said that not acceptable.

What a dick, traffic was light and I guess he had nothing better to do. Maybe with me having a clean record surprised him and he wanted to change that...

I paid the ticket and still have my plate in the pass side windshield.

Last edited by Billiumss; 11-12-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, they can be dicks when they dont have anything better to do... I got a warning when I got behind a trooper, never get directly behind a cop without a front liscence plate. Try to keep atleast a car or 2 between you and the cop when he's in front of you.
That is just another excuse for a cop to check you out and see if you are doing anything illegal. But I dont, so i dont worry about it.

Quick Reply: Need ideas for front plate(long story)