Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Problem w/ HID Fogs and High Beams + Fogs Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem w/ HID Fogs and High Beams + Fogs Mod

I have HID fogs on the SS and I just did the high beams + fogs mod. I notice that anytime the parking or headlights are on the fogs are on now, there is no way for me to switch them off as I was able to do before. The switch is off and the light is off, but the fogs are still on.

The issue is, is that means every time I hit the lock or unlock button not only do the blinkers/DRLs flash to confirm my key fob button, but the fogs also flash. With HIDs, having them come on for a split-second like that is obviously not a good thing for the life of the HIDs.

I've searched and searched and can't find anything. Is there any way to keep the high beam + fogs mod but still control whether the fogs are on or off (without having to run a switch into the car off the jumper wire for the hi + fogs mod if that would even work), or is this pretty much my two options...fogs on at all times or fogs off when the high beams are on?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

what wiring did you have to do to get the fogs + highs.

and im a little fuzzy on that mod does that mean that all of the lights stay on (lowbeams and highs) when you switch your high beams or just the fogs with the high beams on.

also dont the camaros have auto headlighs?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
what wiring did you have to do to get the fogs + highs.

and im a little fuzzy on that mod does that mean that all of the lights stay on (lowbeams and highs) when you switch your high beams or just the fogs with the high beams on.

also dont the camaros have auto headlighs?

Camaro's are different...so I cant address the OP question (but I know there is a cure for it!) As for your question...highs, lows and fogs will all be on at the same time:

Old 11-16-2009, 09:33 PM

The only way I found to do it was to remove the fog light relay in the fuse box under the hood, and use a jumper wire to jump two of the pins.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you cut and grounded the wrong wire from the relay under the hood.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:10 PM

There is no wire to cut and ground, or at least I never saw any write-up that showed any cutting of wires and grounding of any wires.

On the fuse box closest to the driver's side fender there is a relay that says "FOG LIGHTS" on it. I completely removed the relay and used a jumper wire to plug in to the 87 and 30 pin location areas. Here is the write-up I used. If there is another way to do this then please link me to it.

http://members.***.net/zurbo2/fogs_with_brights.htm
Old 11-16-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh I was thinking of the write-up linked in the sticky on here about how to do it. I followed that one and it works perfectly. The issue with that write up that you linked to is it totally bypasses the fog light switch in the car.

This is the one I followed, and it will work. Just make sure you ground the end of the wire from the fuse box (not the end on the wire harness side) otherwise it won't work and you could end up burning a wire

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...same-time.html
Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 AM

I don't know where I got the link I got, but I'll be plugging my relay back in and doing that wiring today. That'll be a piece of cake fix. Thanks Sparky.

Quick Reply: Problem w/ HID Fogs and High Beams + Fogs Mod