Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FINALLY! 1993-2002 Gauge Needles... "S86 Needles" are READY FOR SALE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default FINALLY! 1993-2002 Gauge Needles... "S86 Needles" are READY FOR SALE!!!

No one else offers what we offer for gauge and other interior overlays, PERIOD and now we are also proud to be the only company that cares enough about these cars to spend the past SIX MONTHS developing a high quality OEM replacement set of needles, IN ANY COLOR YOU WANT, to compliment our McNord overlays or give a custom touch to your stock overlays.

Factory F-Body needles are either red, orange or yellow and are made from an injection molded colored plastic. The plastic itself is colored so there is no paint to remove. If you paint the OEM needles light will no longer shine through making them useless at night.

Not being able to leave anything stock, like all true car guys, our guy Sommer86 (Mike Sommer) spent six months testing different manufacturing methods and needle materials finding the perfect solution to this dilemma. His work has paid off for all F-Body lovers as he now offers us COMPLETE OEM REPLACEMENT NEEDLES in a VARIETY OF TRANSLUCENT COLORS made to light up just like the factory needles. We present to you the S86 Needle Set:

Again, these are simply OEM replacements, they fit right into your stock needle caps. If you aren't comfortable for any reason installing them yourself we offer multiple options that also keep your cars down time to a minimum or non-existent...

1) Do it yourself mod. We send you the needles, you install them yourself.

2) We do it for you, no core charge. You simply send us your needles (just the needles, not the cluster, so you can still drive your car) and we install the needles and mail them back. They will ship back to you via USPS Priority mail within 24 hours of us receiving them.

3) Plug and play, ready to go. Just like the the second option but NO DOWN TIME at all. You order our needles and pay the core charge and we send you a set ready to just push on to your cluster. Then if you want to send us your stock needles back we can refund your core but if you want to keep them that is fine as well (we have a huge supply of OEM caps so we don't have to have yours back).

PRETTY MUCH ANY COLOR IS AVAILABLE. We give you red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white and clear to choose from BUT if you want a custom color we can do that as well. As you see in the pics we can do neons, opaques, etc... Just contact us to let us know what color you are looking for and we can make them for you at no extra cost (in most cases).

THEY ARE ON SALE RIGHT NOW FOR $69.99!!! THIS IS FOR A FULL SET OF SIX NEEDLES and shipping is included within the continental 48 states. Most orders ship the next day but without a doubt they will ship within 5 business days of payment received.

Stock overlays look horrible, our custom overlays look GREAT but our custom overlays with custom needles look AMAZING!!! Here's a 200mph gauge cluster we made for Edelbrock's Dick Harrell Camaro WITH OUR WHITE NEEDLES...

Having a nice set of needles to match a nice overlay makes our cars feel 10 years newer!!!

Don't stare at those boring and unbecoming factory needles one more minute than you have to, order your S86 Needle Set TODAY!!!

ORDER YOUR NEEDLES HERE:

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=187

Also, be sure to check out our custom gauge overlays, also on sale now !!!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, that's really cool! You've really done a lot for the Fbody community. Keep up the good work!

Old 12-06-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the statement KurtRardin.

Those look badass and they shine well.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

Yesterday u said u don't make overlays and is this add it says u do we'll witch is it. lol I would really like an overlay and these needles. good call on making new needles PM sent
Old 12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by integraxtc
I agree with the statement KurtRardin.

Those look badass and they shine well.
They shine the same as stock, not any better, not any worse. They shine really well in the pic because we put white LEDs in the Dick Harrell cluster...
Old 12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Home Built Pro
Yesterday u said u don't make overlays and is this add it says u do we'll witch is it. lol I would really like an overlay and these needles. good call on making new needles PM sent
I just switched the overlay page back on. We lost on the last GP, but it was a short one. This one is open for the whole month so hopefully we'll make the 10 we need to get the price break...
Old 12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

Sweet thanks I'll get some of my f-body friends and well buy a few from ya thanks again Hey how hard is it to take of and replace the needles is there a wright up i could not find one?

Last edited by Home Built Pro; 12-06-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Home Built Pro
Sweet thanks I'll get some of my f-body friends and well buy a few from ya thanks again Hey how hard is it to take of and replace the needles is there a wright up i could not find one?
I'm putting new options up on it as I type this
Old 12-06-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

badass mod.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Addict

Here's a couple of pics with stock overlays (sorry for the crappy cell pics):

Neon green with LED's:

Our white needles for tach and speedo, our neon green on the bottom right:

Last edited by Sommer86; 12-07-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: sorry for the crappy cell pics
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice. I've always wanted a red needle - this mite be an excuse to get an overlay too.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Counted Out
Very nice. I've always wanted a red needle - this mite be an excuse to get an overlay too.
ha my excuse to get the overlay was bc it was suppose to be the last batch ever,that was like 5 gps ago lol. but im glad i did,now i just need to figure out wat needles would look good on bright blue overlay
Old 12-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bderlan
ha my excuse to get the overlay was bc it was suppose to be the last batch ever,that was like 5 gps ago lol. but im glad i did,now i just need to figure out wat needles would look good on bright blue overlay
Lol! I'm glad you did to because it led to more GPs !

I'd say white on bright blue, hands down
Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 AM
12 Second Club

Very cool addition. I was waiting to see who would resolve this question every since it came up. I want a set of those damn overlays sooo friggin bad. I'll either grab a set with my christmas bonus or tax time for sure.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome that you brought this to the table! I see myself buying a set as soon as funds allow
Old 12-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Banned

mark, if you need 10 peope for price break. why not just keep it up tiill you get the 10 needed. if it take a month or two.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

^^ because then the people who placed the first order 6-8 weeks prior want their product. Wouldn't you hate having to wait 2+ months for something you paid for that long ago.....and some guy who was the 10th order only had to wait 2 weeks or so?

It blows, but thats the way the price stays the same or goes down.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

bitchin idea for sure and Im definitely interested, just think the price is a little on the high side? maybe its just me. I want to change the backlights soon anyway so maybe I'll pick some up when I do
Old 12-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Launching!

awesome mod!! defiantly getting these
Old 12-07-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hm, may have to get these with my dash led's so I can finally install your overlay.

Quick Reply: FINALLY! 1993-2002 Gauge Needles... "S86 Needles" are READY FOR SALE!!!