Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

interior glue

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior glue

oooohhhh k, sooo i am in the process of "attempting" to wrap my interior in vinyl/naugahide and for the life of me i can't find a glue that really sticks, i have tried some basic stuff, hot glue, fabric glue, rubber cement, i didn't think those would work to well, but they just don't work at all, well minus the hot glue, but that shows the lines, plus it just peels right off. i know some of you have done your interiors, what glue have you used?? i need something that will hold GOOD. i'm almost considering using the fiberglass resin lol, anyway help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

ok, did a little lookin and what i came up with was 3m fastbond, now am i correct in reading that you let it sit for 3-4 hours before you stick the pieces together???? here is the post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...erior-mod.html

post # 12
Old 12-26-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

for any kind of lasting results you will need to use a product sprayed from a air gun. none of the aerosol products are gonna last very long at all. get yourself some 3M landau top and trim adhesive or Weldwood adhesive.

and for better results you will also want to use some sort of steamer!

good luck.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

i ended up getting Weldwood, it's holding good so far and it hasn't even cured yet, sooooo i'm hoping for good results, i'm only doin my armrest right now kind of a test piece before i do the headliner but i have high hopes . i might even put pix up on here.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Good luck with your wrapping!

And yes to your question regarding fastbond.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

well this weldwood stuff is working good, the jar reads the same as the 3m one, but by a different company, i let it sit for an hour or so, and stuck the pieces together, and the results are good, i just can't figure out what to do next lol, i keep picking it up and staring it hoping i'll figure it out but can't, i can't figure out how to wrap it without the wrinkles, i know i can heat it up, but i mean i dunno lol, maybe i'll post a pic, i just don't wanna cut any material because then it'll be too late.

Quick Reply: interior glue