Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID problems

I have just installed my new headlights with hids and running lights on my Z28 and when i checked to make sure they both worked only the passenger side hid was on and both halos were on but the driver side running light wasnt? i then cheched to see if it was the buld or the box and there fine so iam at a loss for ideas on what the problem is. If anybody has any ideas of what it might be plz let me know.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i havnt done HID's in like 3 years but i know there are two wires that can easily be mismatched and that will cause it not to turn on (obviously) so double check your wires and make sure they are hooked up right... other than that i dont know, im sure someone else will chime in. GL
Old 01-30-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you get 'em from LEDGauges?

i got mine from there and had to plug something in backwards to get them to work properly. i dn why, but i just did.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if your talkin to me then i dont know, they were on my friends 00 sierra back when i was in high school and he got them off ebay i think.... i just remembered we plugged something in backwards and switched the wires and it worked...
Old 01-30-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your pos and neg connections. GM reversed them for some odd reason. I got the same problem when I did my HID. I reversed the wires and I was good to go.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Assuming they are wired properly try doing it with the car running, sometimes you need a little more power than with it off. If they work with it running you may try bumping the headlight fuse 5amps. If they work every time with the car running, leave the fuses alone, but if they work periodically try bumping it.

Also, the reason jdoyle had to flip the connector is because they require a crossover to work properly and our bulbs happen to use the same connector the crossover should plug into from the HID ballast.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Yes everything is connect right and I had tried with the car running and seeing if one bulb had to break in at a time earlier today, but nothing happened. And the lights are the same way when the car is off, one is on and one is off. I also plugged the right side hid ballast into the connection that did work and it worked, so iam thinking its just not getting enough power to turn it on.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It could be a bad bulb. Try moving the bulb to the working side and see if that works. I would recommend you look into getting a relay harness.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

I already tried that the bulb is good. and i did the same with the hid ballast to see if it was that.