Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Considering Blackbird stripes. Questions within....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 07:31 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Question Considering Blackbird stripes. Questions within....

I am considering possibily doing black Blackbird stripes on my Red WS6, and I have some questions.

- Where is everyone getting them from? I found this site http://www.blackbirdstripes.com/ . Is that the set everyone is using? If not, where is everyone buying from?

- How are they holding up? Any issues?

- Did you install them yourself? If so, did they come with a template? Any tips you can give on the install?

- Anything else you'd like to add about them? (install, quality, etc.).
Old 01-05-2004, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got mine from that same website. They don't come with a template, but I heard the easiest way to install is to use soapy water on the car, take the backing off of the stickers, place the overlay sticker with the stripes attached to it onto the car while it's still wet, move it around to where you want it, and push all the water and soap out. Then you wait till it's fairly dry and pull off the overlay sticker leaving behind the stripes. I have not done it yet, but am going to soon and will replay here as to how it all works out.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:58 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else have any other input? I'd like to find a set that has a template if possibile, but if this place is the one everyone is using and having great luck with then I will probably use them should I choose to do this....
Old 01-06-2004, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

No one else has any further input?
Old 02-19-2004, 10:25 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by DanoHB
I just got mine from that same website. They don't come with a template, but I heard the easiest way to install is to use soapy water on the car, take the backing off of the stickers, place the overlay sticker with the stripes attached to it onto the car while it's still wet, move it around to where you want it, and push all the water and soap out. Then you wait till it's fairly dry and pull off the overlay sticker leaving behind the stripes. I have not done it yet, but am going to soon and will replay here as to how it all works out.
So how did your install go?

Also, does anyone know what happened to www.blackbirdstripes.com ? The site seems to be gone. Did they go to a new site or just go away completely? That would suck if they aren't around anymore. I don't know anywhere else that sells those stripe kits.....
Old 02-20-2004, 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Back up.....
Old 02-20-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have the strip kit from them. I used soapy water to install the strips. Just a tip take your time and make sure they are lined up good. Remember to use enough water to get the strips strait, you don't want the water to dry before you get the stripe on strait. I used a credit card to get the water out from behind the stripe, just work from the middle out. I just looked for the site too and it is gone, I think I have the guy's e-mail if you need it, just pm me.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

http://blackbirdstripes.worldbreak.com/

I jsut ordered a set so ill let ya know how they look asap !!! i got black on my silver ws6

Quick Reply: Considering Blackbird stripes. Questions within....