Sponsored by: DashLynx

Am I the Only One...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Am I the Only One...?

That likes my stock Z28 hood?

I know there are going to be a lot of people in here saying they prefer the SS hood or the Sunoco (which would be the hood I'd get if I ever did...)

But am I the only one who really likes the "plain-jane" Z28 hood?

Maybe it is because the lines on my car are already pretty clean, and that I think some colors work better for a Z28 hood than others, but I honestly like it the way it is.

Am I alone?

Reference pic of my car:

Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like them too, but it depends on the car IMO. Your car looks perfect with the stock hood but other look better with a sunoco, or ss. Depends on other mods like tires and wheels, and so on...
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Nah, I've always preferred the regular/Z28 hood compared to the SS hood. There's just something about the SS hood that I don't like.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm right there with you! i really liked the stock hood. but with that said, the SS and sunoco, and several others look amazing as well. like black_sheep said, its all about the car as a WHOLE, so if you've done things to make the car look good, even the stock hood will look great on the car.

if i could go back in time to when i first got my trans am, instead of buying the aftermarket ws6 hood and getting that painted, i would have instead dropped the car, and just done rims... cause with the right stance and rims, the trans ams with the sleek beak look perfect in my opinion. stock vs stock (as in, no stripes added), i'd take the sleek beak over the ws6 hood any day
Old 05-05-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

DUDE! You're car would look bad *** with an SS hood!

Just messing.. But I like the looks of the SS hood more. I think it makes the Camaro look more mean, while the Z28 hood looks sleek..

SS

Z28

I just think the SS hood makes it look more aggressive.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope, you're not the only one. Yes the SS and Sunoco hoods look nice, but the regular sleek hood looks just as good to me. If you've got a stock Z28 and want to make the front look more aggressive, change out the ugly factory grille; IMO that's what really wakes up the front of these cars.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

yes u r
Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

im with ya man! depending on the car it looks good.. with our ground efx i think they look good.. without them it just looks boring

but i do like the sunoco hood a little more so im gettin one this summer!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
im with ya man! depending on the car it looks good.. with our ground efx i think they look good.. without them it just looks boring

but i do like the sunoco hood a little more so im gettin one this summer!
Exactly! The gfx completes the look. Looks too boring without, on the other hand, with a aftermarket hood + gfx it can sometimes look too busy or trying too hard. Aftermarket or ss hoods are definatly a plus on cars without though.ur

Your paint looks awesome by the way.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Exactly! The gfx completes the look. Looks too boring without, on the other hand, with a aftermarket hood + gfx it can sometimes look too busy or trying too hard. Aftermarket or ss hoods are definatly a plus on cars without though.ur

Your paint looks awesome by the way.
haha glad we agree.
if you look at crimsons old car he had the gfx and the sunoco style one from ebay and it looked killer..
and whos paint ya talkin about? op's? haha you just didnt clarify..
Old 05-06-2010, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

haha glad we agree.
if you look at crimsons old car he had the gfx and the sunoco style one from ebay and it looked killer..
and whos paint ya talkin about? op's? haha you just didnt clarify..
Yeah that car is so sweet. The ones that look "busy" imo are the ws6 or w.e hoods with gfx.

haha ya i guess i didn't sorry, I was talking bout the guy that posted this but I've seen your sig before on some threads and noticed the car and it looks awesome also!
Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah that car is so sweet. The ones that look "busy" imo are the ws6 or w.e hoods with gfx.

haha ya i guess i didn't sorry, I was talking bout the guy that posted this but I've seen your sig before on some threads and noticed the car and it looks awesome also!
haha ya i agree i do like the color

haha ya my car looks good in pictures but so so in preson haha.. my paint is gettin kinda old... so im doin some body work this summer and an ss spoiler and the sunoco hood.. i still think the op's car would look dope with the sunoco on it tho
Old 05-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Anyone ever think that the Trans am got all the styling? lol Jk guys. I agree the stock hood looks good on your car, but some look amazing with the SS hood, but usually I like the SS hood on a car with more exterior upgrades, meaning basically just more flashy... (not better or worse)
Old 05-06-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

haha ya i agree i do like the color

haha ya my car looks good in pictures but so so in preson haha.. my paint is gettin kinda old... so im doin some body work this summer and an ss spoiler and the sunoco hood.. i still think the op's car would look dope with the sunoco on it tho
For Sure! Is the sunoco an actual cowl induction or just show? There are non around in my area
Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

For Sure! Is the sunoco an actual cowl induction or just show? There are non around in my area
same here.. never seen one in person... ever!
i believe they are.. just a small cowl induction but i think it is haha
Old 05-06-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Ahh yeah..im sure they're even better in person!! Fml.. there's about a million super awesome civics or mustangs in the area though
Old 05-06-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Regular

Ahh yeah..im sure they're even better in person!! Fml.. there's about a million super awesome civics or mustangs in the area though
well make yours bad *** and unique... then you'll be one of the only bad ***'s in a bad *** camaro in the area haha i think i said bad *** too much
Old 05-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

dude your car looks great, i think the thing about your car is the color allows the eye to see the "valleys" that run from the headlights to the windshield, and the slight crease in the middle, and those lines draw the viewer's eye over the hood, making it more interesting. notice on other stock hoods, like the pic camaro_94 posted, the hood looks like a big, boring, flat sheet of red (no offense dude), one glance and theres nothing more to see...
Old 05-06-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Doesn't actually function as air induction on these cars but supposedly does help heat escape from the engine bay.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

plain hood looks nice especially just polished its just looked like one big mirror!
but yeah I'm just saying thing because i don't have the cash to spend on a sunoco hood right now!
also hate how people think my car is a v6 or less powerfully because my car is not a ss.