Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Seat Removal - Hiding Bucket Bracket Ideas Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Removal - Hiding Bucket Bracket Ideas Wanted

I've been wanting to remove the rear seats in my car for some time, but I'd like to see what others have done to hide the mounting brackets for the lower seat buckets.

I had the seats out before when installng a little Dynamat, but the bracket sticks up too far to simply cover up with the rear floor mat. My first thought was to take my cutoff tool and be done with it, but I'd like to retain the ability to go back to stock someday.

Anybody done anything creative to hide this, or even utilize this for something?

TIA -
Old 01-22-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try placing your front floormats back there, a couple of friends have done that, and it works good.

they run the slp mats up front, so this was a no cost solution for them.

Ryan,.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What if you made something out of 1/4" plywood and then carpet that. Maybee cover the dip and try to smooth it out on either side of the driveshaft tunnel. Kinda hard to explain my idea with no pic. Hope this helps.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I'll have to take some pictures of the area with the seats removed...maybe that'll spur some ideas...

Any ideas of where I could pick up some matching carpet?

I'd like it to look as "clean" as possible -

One idea that did occur was to make a small "cap" for the bracket itself, that would bolt into the original hole. If covered with matching carpet, it might not look too bad.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think the smoothing out idea would be the best. some high end stereo shops have better carpet matches than kragens
Old 01-22-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

go get ya some 1/8 in PVC Plastic sheets and a heat gun. Then cut it and heat it up and bend it into the shape you want. Glue it down and cover in matching carpet.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just cut them off in the cleanest way that you can. The reamaining carpet pieces can be sewn together. (The carpet that was cut away from the hole wasn't cut out from the factory just folded out of the way, at least it was in my ta). Either way just use a bristle brush to blend the seams together. If you need to put the seats back, just cut the carpet again & jb weld the brackets back on. The brackets aren't load bearing, so you don't have to worry about them breaking.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could always just get some lightweigh carpet - I believe that you can get it without holes in them so that you can still have your stock carpet when you want to go back to stock. The "smooting out" is also a good idea - that was one of the ways I was going to do it.

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Removal - Hiding Bucket Bracket Ideas Wanted