Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

98 Camaro Z28 427ci - final cleanup :( (many pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 98 Camaro Z28 427ci - final cleanup :( (many pics)

I've been looking for a while for a buyer for my 543rwhp Camaro for some time now. I've had it for 10 years and there's a ton of history with it. Hard to let it go, but its time. So with the arrival of the shipping company looming, I decided to give it one last cleanup and shoot some final pictures of it. Nothing special about the cleanup, but its more of a tribute to 10 years with this beast of a car and the long journey I had with it. Onto the pics...

Wasn't super dirty, but hadn't been washed in several weeks and had some good dirt buildup on it.

Even though its dirty, you can still see swirl-free paint.

Dirty engine bay

Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice and clean!

This is where proper washing and drying with the 2 Bucket Method and Grit Guards and high quality microfibers comes in handy. Good thorough wash and still no swirls or marring.

Down at the regional park for a few more pics

More swirl free paint

Had a great run with this car, now its off to its new owner.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

The car looks amazing. The NBM looks so much different when its been polished to the level yours has. Whatcha getting, ya staying int he camaro/firebird world or are ya moving on to something new? If your moving on, you should still post your details in here. I always enjoy checkin your correction threads out.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that is one nice ride man,sorry to hear its going,what's next? If I had to let the camaro go I would have to get a c5z,or c6,just don't tell us if your plans are for a new 5.0 lol,they are sick rides though
Old 04-17-2011, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hate to see that car go. I've seen it come a long way since I've been here on 'Tech. I was considering buying it for a while, but decided to step into a Z06.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd change my mind after seeing it so clean. Whats the plans for the next toy?
Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LT4vert
The car looks amazing. The NBM looks so much different when its been polished to the level yours has. Whatcha getting, ya staying int he camaro/firebird world or are ya moving on to something new? If your moving on, you should still post your details in here. I always enjoy checkin your correction threads out.
Thank you! I think so many people don't realize the potential of this color!!! I get asked constantly if its a custom color and people are shocked when I tell them its factory and not a respray. Well I'll be buying my first home later this year so thats the next upgrade lol. Once thats done I'll be shopping for a C6 Z06 in a year or two. LS1tech is my home and I'll still have an LS-based vehicle (my truck ), but yeah I'll still be posting up as long as you guys want to see them.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Yeah that is one nice ride man,sorry to hear its going,what's next? If I had to let the camaro go I would have to get a c5z,or c6,just don't tell us if your plans are for a new 5.0 lol,they are sick rides though
Thanks! I'm no ford guy, but I'll admit the new 5.0s are good looking and quick, with great mod potential...but not enough to make me switch sides. The replacement will probably be a C6 Z06.

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Hate to see that car go. I've seen it come a long way since I've been here on 'Tech. I was considering buying it for a while, but decided to step into a Z06.
Thanks! Yeah its definitely been through a lot. But its time to move on.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
I'd change my mind after seeing it so clean. Whats the plans for the next toy?
I wanted to, but the car is paid for and just waiting on the shipping company to show up. Next toy will likey be a C6 Z06. Not quite as powerful, but a lotta fun and a great driver.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all. Congradulations to me for this new machine.
I would ike you guys to know that the seller was an awesome guy to deal with. I have to say, I fell in love with this car when I first saw it. I was actually shopping for a low mileage WS6 when I ran across this Camaro a month back and almost had bought it but had an issue come up but was later resolved and the deal was made a few days ago.

Last edited by sowaidi; 04-17-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by sowaidi
First of all. Congradulations to me for this new machine.
I would ike you guys to know that Jeff was an awesome guy to deal with. I have to say, I fell in love with this car when I first saw it. I was actually shopping for a low mileage WS6 when I ran across this Camaro a month back and almost had bought it but had an issue come up but was later resolved and the deal was made a few days ago.
congrats on the purchase!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats on the purchase!

So what were the numbers like for a clean built fbody like this.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

I think that car is sharp as hell, I like the intake matched paint. Not really a fan of the hood but overall, very nice.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

I also like the 427 badges, lets ya know its not just a normal ol LS1
Old 04-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Teching In

That's a good looking car man!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jeff!!!! Cant believe you sold the car after 10 years, but like you said its time to move on. Congrats on the sale and congrats to the buyer for purchasing probably the cleanest car on tech. Ill be looking into a C6Z here in the near future as well Jeff, when I start the new job. Should be going into the academy within the next year at the latest. I know who's going to be doing the paint correction on my C6Z when I get it........... maybe Immaculate Reflections.... I hear good thing about that company.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

Thats a beautiful car. What mitt and car wash liquid do you use? I just worked on my car for 8 hrs and I need some good stuff to work with!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Nice car. If you don't mind me asking, what is the foam you are spraying on it before washing? Some sort of soap attachment for a hose? Don't know if it's a trade secret, but what is your process for cleaning the engine bay? Looks awesome.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 96whitebird
I think that car is sharp as hell, I like the intake matched paint. Not really a fan of the hood but overall, very nice.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by 96whitebird
I also like the 427 badges, lets ya know its not just a normal ol LS1
I wanted something that said that very thing, while retaining a stock look with the same font as the factory badges and the same size.

Originally Posted by thursdaymike
That's a good looking car man!!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
Jeff!!!! Cant believe you sold the car after 10 years, but like you said its time to move on. Congrats on the sale and congrats to the buyer for purchasing probably the cleanest car on tech. Ill be looking into a C6Z here in the near future as well Jeff, when I start the new job. Should be going into the academy within the next year at the latest. I know who's going to be doing the paint correction on my C6Z when I get it........... maybe Immaculate Reflections.... I hear good thing about that company.
yeah man, not a decision I made lightly, but it was time. Thanks for the kind words on the car too. I've worked hard to build a clean machine. You gonna get a black one? I'm going with silver. Sounds like this Immaculate Reflections has a pretty good rep, may have mine done too!

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
Thats a beautiful car. What mitt and car wash liquid do you use? I just worked on my car for 8 hrs and I need some good stuff to work with!
Thanks! I like the Pinnacle MF mitt and Zaino Z6 soap.

Originally Posted by aothepresident
Nice car. If you don't mind me asking, what is the foam you are spraying on it before washing? Some sort of soap attachment for a hose? Don't know if it's a trade secret, but what is your process for cleaning the engine bay? Looks awesome.
Its a Foamaster II foam gun. You can mix any soap in it, about 1-2 ounces with it full of water. Engine bay process is never let it get really dirty, and lots of detail spray and just some time. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for your congrats. The transporter should pick it up in an hour or two from now. I just hope things go smooth and they get it here Wednesday.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's with the non-matching tires up front?

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro Z28 427ci - final cleanup :( (many pics)