Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help me pick a Stripe color set for my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Help me pick a Stripe color set for my car

Hi I have a RED 2001 Ws-6 and plan on a checkered stripe set over the hood and tail for it. the car will have the CETA mode in black on it so i wont be doing roof stripes.

I am thinking of having the calipers done in charcoal mettalic and getting charcoal mettalic stripes and maybe charcoal mettalic PONTIAC logo on the windshield.

I think it would look good and give me a bit of personality
what do you guys think.

Pictures of red ws-6 with stripes would be cool also.

I really like the 35th anniversry camaro stripes but cant seem to find that color for trans am it also has a fade to it i cant seem to find either
Old 12-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldnt do stripes like that,that is more of a 35th camaro thing, i would maybe look into the blackbird stripes, thats mo, i know you wanna do something out of the norm but honest i feel it wont look as good as you think, there was a website i was going to have make 35th stripes for my 3 inch ss hood, if you want i can pm you the site.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the color choice, red and charcoal metallic. Maybe do the CETA in charcoal metallic?

As always though, it's your car; do what you want. Let's see something different.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

think i found what I want, getting a set of 2 tone dark charcoal mettalic stripes that look similar to the 35th ones. i think it will look great, and thinking of switching to a satin black ceta mode
Old 12-10-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics of said found strips? And please don't do the banner across the windshield.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
think i found what I want, getting a set of 2 tone dark charcoal mettalic stripes that look similar to the 35th ones. i think it will look great, and thinking of switching to a satin black ceta mode
Did you find them on 3rdGenDecals.com? They have the 35th style for the Trans Ams with the fade in them. Silver Metallic would be the same color as the LE stripes on the Camaro's but the color your thinking of going with would look good to.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 PM
10 Second Club

yup thats the kit I found I am going to go with a dark charcoal mettalic to set off the red as well.

i figure with those stripes, dark charcoal mettalic calipers and valve covors and stuff under the hood it will be pretty nice. I just dont wanna do the same old stripes everyone else does. and yeah i know maybe the pontiac across the windshield may not be everyones cup of tea but in the right lettering its not bad.

belive me im not ricing out my car, its a 418 with a mwc narrowed 9 and TT2 rims on strano springs and koni shocks so i think it will look pretty damn mean.

and definetly go with a matt black or satin black for the ceta mode and the duel/duel 4 inch magnaflow tips will look good
Old 12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea with all the stuff under the hood, calipers & stripes. It'll all tie in together very nicely and as for the windsheild banner. If you can get a nice font that's in a good size and not all in your face looking. It'll look good.

The rice term is used way to much now days. But at the end of the day, its you car so "**** what other ppl say/think" lol. That's how i go about it when i do stuff to my car...

Quick Reply: Help me pick a Stripe color set for my car