Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Menzerna and Blackfire HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Menzerna and Blackfire HELP!!!

I need some help deciding which products to purchase for a wax and polish. Should I buy the Menzerna Intensive polish, then do the Menzerna Finial Polish 2 and then Blackfire to seal it? I am using a Porter Cable 7424....How will that look?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

It will look really good, that's how it will look. You'll want to wash, clay, wash, Intensive polish, Final polish, then blackfire - Also - you might wan't to try the menzerna FMJ instead of the blackfire - It's a new product that is supposed to be very good, just released this week. You can buy a complete menzerna kit at properautocare.com and get everything you need and save some money - just a thought. the blackfire as you well know is a proven commodity.

-Tom
Old 03-19-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Tom! I was waiting for a response from you!! Should I use the Yellow pad to start, then move to the white pad and apply FMJ or Blackfire by hand? Thanks SO MUCH for the help! After all, reading your past posts has caused me to try this method!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The yellow pads on the Porter Cable are the only one's that work. You'll be working on the car all day with the white pad and you'll end up wasting alot of polish.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How about the lambs wool? pads?
Old 03-19-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stay away from Lambswool to start with, most problems are fixable without getting that serious.

For your Menzerna Intensive polish, try the orange power pad, and for the Menzerna Final polish, use the yellow pad. Some recommend the white pad for the final polish, but I agree with Joe - Using the white just simply takes too long and uses too much product. By using the yellow you get a little bit more "cut" on the final polish and it makes the job go by more quickly and effectively.

I'd apply the sealant (whether you go with FMJ or Blackfire) by hand. That's my personal preference as I think its more accurate (less getting it on trim and stuff).

And you're welcome, I hope that my help makes your car shine like never before.

Tom
Old 03-19-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whenever Superbuick chimes in i must do the same, 10-4 back up on the way good buddy.

LIke he said if your gonna go all menzerna stay within the menzerna realm. Be one of the first to try it on an f-body and let us know how it goes. I want to use the MIP, MFPII and MG (menzerna glaze is the last one) and finally wolfgang. From what i have read about wolfgang the technology is similiar to blackfire but wolfgang is the new kid on the black and they claim they have some nice new stuff added into they're line that "bridges the gap between polymer sealents and carnuba waxes". So we'll have to see.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well do! Where can I get the "orange Power Pad from?"
Old 03-22-2004, 07:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think ZaneO over on ls1.com and autopia has had some pretty awesome results with Wolfgang - from what I recall it's his new favorite on black.

VoodooWS6, I know you can get the orange power pad at properautocare.com , and you may also be able to get it at lake country or topoftheline as well.

I got mine from properautocare because it came in the nezerna polish+pad kit that I ordered a while back.

-Tom
Old 03-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like foam pads more, they disperse the heat generated from the Porter Cable more evenly over the surface of the clearcoat.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks fellas!