Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question projector headlights

hey guys I was wondering what a good proj h/l . I bought some in dec from ebay , the back side is touching the body and the bracket gets in the way so in inevitably my dumb az stripped driver side up and down and the passenger left right , these things have a super tight fit they look awesome but the rubber seal is crap the adhesive is worthless , other than that they are just a bitch to get in. I have some 55w 8k hids also . Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails projector headlights-kgrhqn-oee63wy9lscbo-sy8rkig-60_12.jpg  
Old 02-11-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

lol i bought a set a in 08 and they were a bitch and did the same **** you described. Then in november I bought another pair of aftermarket ebay projectors like a dumb *** and what do you know the same bull ****. I forgot how bad they were and bought em for the overall look. Bottom line aftermarket headlamps for these cars are horrible. I will be buying a pair of stock headlamps and whistlering them once these halos finally crap out in a few years. 6LE sells pre whistlered stock lamps for like 250 I think. I may just get em from him so I dont have to do it myself. Good luck with whatever you do.

Im sure he wont mind me stealing a pic from him lol
Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I 'd wait out another month.
The vendor bls is possibly working on a prefitted projectors in stock headlights.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

retrofit ftw
Old 02-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

I wanna run hids but they are kinda harsh with the rules in south texas , texas law states says as long as they are yellow or white when they hit the road your cool ,but some cops say nay cus hid on stock blind ppl , but projectors have a cut off
Old 02-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

well i think I'm on to something here I just happen to stumble upon these I was looking for more info on the ls2 coil conversion but I found that jdm makes projector ccfl twin halos specifically for 98-02 , oem style at that . In the pic looks like it will fit perfectly .

ebay sells them , but I looked them up through google and hawk 3rd gen came up , they sell them ,s o if they sell them , I'm pretty sure that these head lights are legit
Attached Thumbnails projector headlights-blackprojlight-2.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Those have been around for a while. They use fog light bulbs...
Old 02-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

h1? the ones i use both h/l use h1 i actually have a link to show what they look like on my car video that is see if this will work
http://youtu.be/9_KSD0WsmcU
Old 02-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Projector Option #1 posted above
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...rkig-60_12.jpg
From what I've seen, that version has quality control issues and the projectors are sometimes mounted crooked or have poor output. I have seen at least 1 person replace the projectors in them with something better.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ctor-swap.html

Projector Option #2 posted above
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...rojlight-2.jpg
From what I've seen, that version uses a H3 bulb and projector which is intended for fog lights. The output and beam pattern isn't good enough for a headlight.

Check out the Lighting FAQ for more Camaro projector options:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html
Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

I'm honestly looking for something plug and play I don't want to have to mod **** lol it's pretty shitty that there's so much crap out there , the old saying you get what you pay for isn't true can spend almost 300 on projectors and there still crap

Quick Reply: projector headlights