Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Firehawk Letters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Firehawk Letters?

So not too long ago, a not so very nice person f**ked up my 2000 Firehawk decal on my left door. So I removed the one on the right to "even" out my car. I am now trying to replace my doors, rear, and windshield with new decals but do not have the measurements to send off. Does anyone happen to have the complete measurements of the doors, rear under the tail light, and a windshield decals. I would also like to place the Firehawk Bird on my headrest and Pillars. Does anyone happen to have a measurement for these as well. Thank you.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be completely wrong about this but I'm wanting to think that getting Firehawk emblems is kinda hard to get. I don't know since I own a Camaro but for some reason, getting them is hard to get comes to mind or it may be I'm thinking that a company can't get the rights to produce them that's a sponsor on here, I'm not to sure.

Like I said, I may be all wrong about that but I'm not 100% sure though.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Launching!

It's not that hard to get them any more. SLP got them from Pheonix Graphics where you can find most decal sets now. There are several companies out that can make them too. SLP has no rights to the Firehawk logo anymore anyways. So there is no big deal on gettting them. I am mainly looking for the size though so I can replace them with a color I want instead of what is available. Just seeing if there were sizes out there.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried a local sticker/vinyl shop? I know the ones in my area could care less about the rights to something so there's no limit to what they can make/do around here. Just some thought.

I think was EmblemPros that couldn't make anything FireHawk just because of that, the rights, license or whatever it was called. Like I said, I could be wrong and I'm pretty sure I am since you said that in your last post though.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he is asking for the size of the decal on a car that has them not if he can get them anywhere. if i had a car that was a firehawk i would walk out there and measure it but i don't.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey bro...the rear decal is roughly 8" x 1.5" and the door decal is 15.5" x 3". If for some reason you would like a hook-up I found a place for a set of 4 decals for 40.00 shipped. If interested just pm me.

Good Luck
-John
Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/special-e...wk-decals.html

I'll forward you the PM PonticaFan sent me if I still have it.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk#317
It's not that hard to get them any more. SLP got them from Pheonix Graphics where you can find most decal sets now. There are several companies out that can make them too. SLP has no rights to the Firehawk logo anymore anyways. So there is no big deal on gettting them. I am mainly looking for the size though so I can replace them with a color I want instead of what is available. Just seeing if there were sizes out there.

Let me know where you got the information from where they do not have rights to this.
If it is true I will make the crap out of these in stainless steel.

Thanks, Roger
Old 08-01-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by z-camaro
https://ls1tech.com/forums/special-e...wk-decals.html

I'll forward you the PM PonticaFan sent me if I still have it.

, Listen to z-camaro, he knows where to get'em, ...
And I believe the 'SLP no longer' comment should be thrown out the window.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Where is this "SLP no longer" comment? SLP now just deals with parts for vehicles. They used to deal with dealerships and put their own spin on them. When I talked to an employee at SLP, he stated that they do not deal with Firehawk parts anymore. Explains why it's so hard to find any part related to the Firehawk. Because SLP dosn't have rights to the name anymore.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk#317
Where is this "SLP no longer" comment? SLP now just deals with parts for vehicles. They used to deal with dealerships and put their own spin on them. When I talked to an employee at SLP, he stated that they do not deal with Firehawk parts anymore. Explains why it's so hard to find any part related to the Firehawk. Because SLP dosn't have rights to the name anymore.
I would not make statements I could not back up like this, just saying, for those of us who been around the block for some time, let sleeping giants be...
Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Launching!

I really don't care. I just want the sizes of the lettering.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

What I meant, was what Cajun said.
I wouldn't trust saying that just because they don't sell Firehawk parts, ..., (Which I believe they still do anyway, www.slponline.com ), ..., That you can say that they don't or won't tell you to stop making product with their name on it.

I'll send you a resource PM.
You can get some current Firehawk owner to get some location dimensions.

If you simply want the sizes so you can make your own, ..., Good Luck.

Edit:
http://www.slponline.com/car_site.asp?C=1998-2002 Firehawk

Last edited by PontiacFan; 08-02-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
FormerVendor

There was another emblem guy here for a while that was told to stop making these!! Cease and desist! It was not us, just to be clear.
So, I am going to call SLP and see what's up with this.
The last I knew.....David Hamburger had the copyright on these, and was not giving permission. I know, because we asked him repeatedly.
Dave owned the text.
Bridestone tire owned the bird. Yes..... Bridgestone tire.
I will get to the bottom of it and give you guys the results.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just looked it up with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and it looks like SLP abandoned the treadmark/logo back in 2009.

Edit:

From the site I looked up.

Attached Thumbnails Firehawk Letters?-screen-shot-2012-08-02-1.58.50-pm.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
I will get to the bottom of it and give you guys the results.
Matt/Roger, if you're in Indianapolis this weekend for the big Camaro5 Fest, you could just ask him in person as he's there with the trailer & display.

Maybe there's been enough time gone by that they've let it rest, ...
Old 08-02-2012, 02:48 PM
FormerVendor

We are too busy too attend the fest.
However I did email and call SLP today, so I will ask about this trademark thing as well.

Edit: I did one further step and emailed them a screenshot of this trademark information.
I will get an answer on it. I also asked again for permission to make these logos. We will figure it out.
While this information does appear to be true, there is nothing at all saying they could not have filed under a different registration number.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 08-02-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Yea.. I am not trying to make them or sell them. That's not my lane. But I was more curious of the sizes so I could send them out. I did try to look it up as well, but at the time couldn't find anything. Thanks guys for the info. Does anyone have one on their windshield? Was trying to get the size for that one as well. Thanks again.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

Response from David Hamburger in my email.....

We cannot grant nor authorize the reproduction of the Firehawk logos, Permission is needed from Bridgestone/Firestone. They are watching us, and they have told us that if they see new reproduction decals or logos on our site that we will be served with a cease/desist, as we have not re-licensed as we have no need to sell those low margin items.
The Firehawk logos (Script w/tilde) and the Bird logo are trademarks of Bridgestone/Firestone. They are actively going after the guys making them.

There you go.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Response from David Hamburger in my email.....

We cannot grant nor authorize the reproduction of the Firehawk logos, Permission is needed from Bridgestone/Firestone. They are watching us, and they have told us that if they see new reproduction decals or logos on our site that we will be served with a cease/desist, as we have not re-licensed as we have no need to sell those low margin items.
The Firehawk logos (Script w/tilde) and the Bird logo are trademarks of Bridgestone/Firestone. They are actively going after the guys making them.

There you go.
Hmm, how does phoenix graphics get around selling their firehawk decal kit?

Wonder what Bridgestone/firestone would say if you asked them for permission?

Thanks for the update!

Quick Reply: Firehawk Letters?