Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car wash help!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wash help!?

So I think the water that comes out of my faucet is bad because the water I use leaves terrible spots all over. Now I just reprinted my car and dot want this to happen again. What do you guys recommend? Go buy gallons of water? The car is satin so I can not wax it or anything. Any thing you guys think will help
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Launching!

I have the same problem but my solution might be different because I have a red car.
Try drying off your car in a shaded area. The sun won't dry the car out as fast then.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definitely try to wash and dry in the shade.

If your water is that hard then you may want to try using Optimums No Rinse Wash versus a traditional wash. It will soften the water and you can wash the car this way as well.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could get a water deionizer but they are kinda pricey.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Yea ^^^, need a water softener for your house hose... usually can be hooked up right on your hose.. your getting alot of calcium in your water.. you have well water?
Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Besides the shade, use EagleOne Nanowax and Wash in the large jugs. It's about $5 or so. Just mix it with the water in your bucket per directions. It really helps out and you don't feel rushed to get the car dry. I doubt it would impact your finish but try a little on the lower side to make sure.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If you can still find it, get a Mr. Clean Car Wash kit. I use it and get a quick spot free wash. The soap works well and the final rinse setting is a mist of water that has passed through a filter.

Since they stopped making it, I stocked up on filters and soap.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Make sure the paint is cool and wash the car in the shade. As you wash the car keep the paint wet and then dry off the car with a microfiber towel.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:48 AM
TECH Regular

Well tonight I just went down to the local car wash and washed it up. I bought one of those chamois and dryed it off there in the shade and she looks good so far. I am scared to wash it with the water I know sucks here at the house.
As for getting a softener I would love to but can't really because I live in military housing and there's only so much I can do to the house here. I'm in Hawaii and yes the water sucks lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIP1
If you can still find it, get a Mr. Clean Car Wash kit. I use it and get a quick spot free wash. The soap works well and the final rinse setting is a mist of water that has passed through a filter.

Since they stopped making it, I stocked up on filters and soap.
Why did they stop making that, do you know? Always looked like a solid idea. The normal water filtration systems are expensive.

Originally Posted by bones_c
Well tonight I just went down to the local car wash and washed it up. I bought one of those chamois and dryed it off there in the shade and she looks good so far. I am scared to wash it with the water I know sucks here at the house.
As for getting a softener I would love to but can't really because I live in military housing and there's only so much I can do to the house here. I'm in Hawaii and yes the water sucks lol.
Be careful using any kind of cheap towels on your paint, they will add scratched to your clearcoat. It's worth the money to invest in a quality waffle weave towel to do your drying.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Why did they stop making that, do you know? Always looked like a solid idea. The normal water filtration systems are expensive.
If I remember correctly, they said it didn't sell well enough. Which is a shame since it was a good product.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Deffintently dry the car off after washing it. I had the same problem

Quick Reply: Car wash help!?