Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

auto dry

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow auto dry

Have any of you used this new Mr. Clean Auto Dry? If you have, what are your opinions? Is this just another gimmick?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually just used it for the first time today. Seemed to work really well and saved alot of time over drying the car by hand. I'm not sure if it is really worth the money though, I got it as a gift from my dad.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

we've been using it alot lately, as it seems we only was our cars after dark, lol. works pretty well. you don't have to use their soap like the box says either. any spotless soap will work, and is much less expensive.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

How much did the system set you back? Does it have any adverse affects of any wax you have on there?
Old 04-07-2004, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

I was thinking about trying this out too. Does anyone know how well it works with Zaino?
Old 04-07-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

What I have found to work extremely WELL is a good 180+mph electric leaf blower. Most people that haven't used one will laugh but it gets all the water out of the nooks and crannies. I then tough up with an ABSORBER. As long as the paint is waxed well the water just flies off!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

I agree with Mongoose. Using a Leaf Blower works wells too.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Teching In

If I walked out of my house and saw my neighbor drying his car with a leaf blower, I would have to walk back in side to fall on the floor and laugh my *** off. I am not saying it doesn't work good. It would just be a funny *** image.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Teching In

The leaf blower deal is funny as hell. I am going to try it this weekend!
I just got the Mr. Clean auto dry system and wanted to test it out on my little truck before I used it on my Camaro. I washed it late in the day with a portion of the truck in the sun. The areas that were in the shade turned out great but the part in the sun looked like I used regular car soap on it and let it dry with no rinse. So I will be washing my Camaro in the shade, then hello leaf blower.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

I bought the Mr Clean system this past weekend, and i must say that it is amazing. I still washed the car with a mitt, after applying the soap, but i dried one half with the spot free rinse, and the other with a chamois, and when done i couldnt tell the difference. i think it is worth the 15 bux i paid
Old 04-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Chop-Foo Director

I use the mr. clean system. My wax is the new meguiars NXT tech wax.
They now have spotless NXT car wash. Haven't tried it yet but will try
using it in the mr. clean system tomorrow if I get a chance.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My concern is that whatever allows the Mr. Clean to dry so quickly and effectivly could "dry out" the paint causing it to fade or worse, I have a neighbor who thought Jet Dry, the stuff for dishwashers was great to wash his car with and allowed him not have to dry his car with a chamois......until his paint started flaking and fading after about a year of doing this...Do you think that this stuff is anything like that or what? Thoughts anyone?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joker
My concern is that whatever allows the Mr. Clean to dry so quickly and effectivly could "dry out" the paint causing it to fade or worse, I have a neighbor who thought Jet Dry, the stuff for dishwashers was great to wash his car with and allowed him not have to dry his car with a chamois......until his paint started flaking and fading after about a year of doing this...Do you think that this stuff is anything like that or what? Thoughts anyone?

No it just has the filter that takes out all of the minerals. Its like a water filter you would hook up to the sink. Actually, its pretty close to a drinking water filter. The soap is just like the Mr. Clean soap you can buy everywhere.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was under the impression that the soap also had a sheeting agent in it so the water didn't bead up as much and remain on the surface.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How friendly is this soap to auto wax and polish? I guess I would be worried about it stripping off or somehow damaging the finish is my concern....

I use zaino with coats of meguirs inbetween, and love the deep finish this gives....keeping the finish awesome looking is critical to me out here in west Texas, it can be very hard to get a finish to look right because of the continueous sand/dust/dirt in the air...
Old 04-16-2004, 03:19 AM
Staging Lane

The MR Clean system uses just a regular SPOT FREE car wash. the soap usually has polymers in it.....as for the rinse it is just a misted purified filtered water. without all the minerals and so on in the rinse water, and the polymers in the wash, the water just sheets off. didnt hurt my paint that i can see. and i use all meguiars the week before, CLAY the three step and then quick detail with gold class. looks really good

Mike
Old 04-16-2004, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

The concerns about a leaf blower are it's air source - whatever is in the air it will push through. If it is dusty or pollen in the air, it will blow on and into your finish. But they do work well, just be careful.
I do detailing on the weekends, and my supplier sells completely spot free water for $0.20/gallon. It has everything removed, since he uses it to make his products. Any good filter for your water sourse should leave you with fairly spot-free water anyway. No need for gimmicky crap that may affect your wax and /or polish.