Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Standard SS hood or 3inch SS hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Standard SS hood or 3inch SS hood?

So I've been trying to decide between all the different hoods out there which one to get for about a year now lol. I'm very picky. I just love the the way the SS hood flows on the 4th gens so I'm going with that style. Around where I live(Atlanta area) you barely see 4th gen Camaros(Nothing but **** mustangs). Maybe 2-3 a week if lucky and rarely see an SS or one sporting the hood. So my point is, I want my **** to stand out so I really like the 3 inch vfn SS hood. My car is my daily driver at the moment and probably for another year or so I'm trying to figure out if the 3 inch will be over-kill for that type of car as far as appearance goes compared to the regular SS hood?Also does the 3 inch look good while driving from behind the wheel? Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated as well as any pics ect. Thanks
Old 07-02-2013, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3" all the way. Go big or go home!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

my vote: regular SS. simple and clean, with a touch of aggressiveness as well. can't go wrong with it

3" ONLY if your car has the nads to back up the look, along with an aggressive wheel/stance setup... otherwise it's overkill appearance wise

or go sunoco and never look back
Old 07-02-2013, 02:01 AM
11 Second Club

Go ahead and do the 3 inch. Should be ok from behind the wheel. I've got a 4 inch cowl hood (which sits a bit higher than yours) and it gets annoying sometimes when I'm driving because it sits up so high.

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
my vote: regular SS. simple and clean, with a touch of aggressiveness as well. can't go wrong with it

3" ONLY if your car has the nads to back up the look, along with an aggressive wheel/stance setup... otherwise it's overkill appearance wise

or go sunoco and never look back
I really like the Sunoco hoods. Think about one of those. They do look awesome.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

^^^ your sig pic is hilarious

Heres a pic of a 3" ss hood i found in google.

I dont think its too much if it flows with the rest of the car imo. A stock size ss will look good too though. But you see those more often.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 AM
11 Second Club

Still like the cowl hood look better.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
http://www.fbodypages.com/joe/linked/sunoco_5.jpg
Still like the cowl hood look better.
Man I've never been a big fan of the cowl hood but damn that looks real good. It don't look sharp on the sides and the flow is clean. Well done!
Originally Posted by Zlow28
http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...5701171642.jpg
I dont think its too much if it flows with the rest of the car imo. A stock size ss will look good too though. But you see those more often.
Yea I love that hood. It's sexy. I had my car repainted from the factory red to a fire engine red so I was thinking about painting the hood scoop white. I've seen a lot of people going black on red but I'm a sucker for white on red.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks even better without the center line on the cowl....
Old 07-02-2013, 03:24 AM
11 Second Club

Sunoco cowls will be more rounded and won't have the line down the middle. I couldn't find a good front pic of one so this was the best I could do. My cowl is a big ****.

That's before I mounted it.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
Sunoco cowls will be more rounded and won't have the line down the middle.
line down the center is optional
Old 07-02-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28
http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicle...5701171642.jpg
I think this guy is on here. I agree with James, run this hood if you have the ***** to back it up IMO
Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by King Nothing
I think this guy is on here. I agree with James, run this hood if you have the ***** to back it up IMO

Yea I agree no doubt. I found a hood that looks bad azzz! It's the suncoast SS hood. It's raised up a little like the Lt1 SS hood is so but not too much for my likeing so I'm probably going to go with that. Only downside is its goon to be like 915 after shipping and handling!!!!

Originally Posted by Mr.Grim
So I've been trying to decide between all the different hoods out there which one to get for about a year now lol. I'm very picky. I just love the the way the SS hood flows on the 4th gens so I'm going with that style. Around where I live(Atlanta area) you barely see 4th gen Camaros(Nothing but **** mustangs). Maybe 2-3 a week if lucky and rarely see an SS or one sporting the hood. So my point is, I want my **** to stand out so I really like the 3 inch vfn SS hood. My car is my daily driver at the moment and probably for another year or so I'm trying to figure out if the 3 inch will be over-kill for that type of car as far as appearance goes compared to the regular SS hood?Also does the 3 inch look good while driving from behind the wheel? Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated as well as any pics ect. Thanks

Okay guys so I'm deciding with Suncoast SS hood. Price with shipping and everything is going to be around 915 or so. Check it out and let me know what you guys think about that lol

So I'm finally making my mind up. I'm going with the Suncoast SS hood. I love the way it looks. It's got a little rise to it like the LT1 SS hood but not too aggressive for daily driving. However it's going to be like close to 915 after shipping and handling. What's you're opinion of this hood? Too much money? And if anyone has this hood,pics would be great! Thanks
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Are you going to paint it to match your car or leave black like the white one??? Congrats on the future purchase and it'll look badass!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

standard. i'm not a fan of those over sized hoods.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Standard. The only other hood I like on the Camaros is the Sunoco. The big hoods look sweet on the 10.5" tire drag cars, outlaw cars ect....street cars nooot so much.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 07-04-2013, 03:28 AM
TECH Veteran

^and this is him!!!! I thought about doing that hood on my last camaro with a twin screw blower
Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr.Grim
So I'm finally making my mind up. I'm going with the Suncoast SS hood. I love the way it looks. It's got a little rise to it like the LT1 SS hood but not too aggressive for daily driving. However it's going to be like close to 915 after shipping and handling. What's you're opinion of this hood? Too much money? And if anyone has this hood,pics would be great! Thanks
I personally like this hood. ya don't see it too often. more aggressive than the standard style, without going overboard. And it still flows with the car nicely.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-mod-pics.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/members/c...-z28-1497.html

money is relative, so that's for you to decide. comparatively speaking it is on the higher end, but in the long run you won't be thinking about that extra hundred or 2 for too long down the road..
Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
I personally like this hood. ya don't see it too often. more aggressive than the standard style, without going overboard. And it still flows with the car nicely.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-mod-pics.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/members/c...-z28-1497.html

money is relative, so that's for you to decide. comparatively speaking it is on the higher end, but in the long run you won't be thinking about that extra hundred or 2 for too long down the road..
Yea man you sure got a point about that haha.

Originally Posted by King Nothing
Are you going to paint it to match your car or leave black like the white one??? Congrats on the future purchase and it'll look badass!!!
I'm going to be painting it fire engine red to match my new paint job but I'm going to be painting the air scoop white. I see a lot of black painted scoops so I'm going white plus black wouldn't match my chrome c5 dd wheels I just ordered lol. But thanks bro, I appreciate it!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

ur car, but i say if its mostly stock, go with stock ss hood. if its cammed and sound like hell on earth, u can pull off the high 3inch ss. like a guy above said, if u have nads under the hood to back up the look go for it.

Quick Reply: Standard SS hood or 3inch SS hood?