Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Guess What I Got Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess What I Got Yesterday

Well it was my 21st birthday, and I know before anything is said, you'll think you know what I got....but hold on. I've been wanting a car cover to go on the Formula for a few months, and was hoping that's what I'd get. Well it turned out better than that. The parents knew how I dislike spending hours on end detailing my car only to have it get dirty sitting in our garage. So they surprised me with a Bubble for it. It hasn't arrived yet, but I can't wait to see it. I know this will probably get some negative feedback about how the car is meant to be driven and all....believe me it does. But now that it's no longer a daily driver, I keep it garaged except for weekends and nice days. I'll post some pics once it gets here and I get the car rolled inside.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Were do you get a bubble from I would like to see one.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

I wonder how you would drive in and out of it?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the bubble for a company that distributes them for the company they're made by. If one of the moderators will let me know if I can post the address since they aren't a sponsor, I'll do that. For now, you can just PM and I'll send you the web address. As far as driving in and out of it, you drive up on the base and than roll the top cover across and down the other side of the car and zip the basemat to the top cover. There's an electric fan that you than plug in that blows to inflate the bubble, than switches to a lower speed to keep the air constantly moving inside the bubble. Here's a pic of a Corvette inside one...

Old 07-05-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

That's very interesting can't say that I've ever seen one. I must ask though...what's going to prevent dust from getting into the bubble. Does it also come with a de-contamination staging area that you drive the car through before entering the bubble?

Justin
Old 07-05-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Now, if you take the bubble and reverse the air pump....... it would be vacuum sealed.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unforgiven: As far as dust goes, I'll have to see how things go. I figure I'll put a fresh coat of Zaino on before it goes in. Dust it off once it's on the mat. Than seal it up and see how things turn out.

felton: that's a good point, but one of the big benefits of the bubble is that it gives some protection from any kinda mild impacts like if some one were to bump into it with something when they walk by. The site claims it protects against even a 5lb. sledge being hit against it. Course, how they can claim that or why they would try that method is beyond me. Right now it's good though, cause until we get our garage built I'm doing engine work and car restorations on the other side of the garage from my car.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default .

if someone really wanted to beat on your car, wouldn't they just unzip the bubble?
Old 07-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Launching!

reminds me of bubbleboy just keep them cats off your bubble but it does seem to be a good idea
Old 07-07-2004, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha, i was just about to ask if it reminded anyone of bubbleboy from seinfeld... I'm sorry, the card says 'MOOPS'... lol
Old 07-07-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BadMoFo
if someone really wanted to beat on your car, wouldn't they just unzip the bubble?
I'm not worried about someone wanting to beat on my car. But if someone were to walk by carrying something heavy, and perchance slip and drop it, than it won't hurt the car. And actually it's good, cause our garage door has had a tendency to bust the huge springs that hold it up before and actually left a huge dent in our wall one time.

I know what you mean about the cats though, Buckwild, I hope so. I came out one weekend when I was at home from college, and all I saw was little footprints starting at the headlight and walking all the way up across the hood at an angle and across my windshield to the top of the car. Made me wanna go get some revenge on the neighbor's cat , but we like our neighbors right now so I'll hold off on that.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Launching!

no doubt i hate when the foot prints turn into scratches as it slides off the fender them durn cats
Old 07-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Teching In

That's crazy. Post some pics when you get it.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Cool

That bubble thing is a good idea, especially for black cars. My Impala SS gets dirty sitting in the garage because we tend to keep the door open so our kids and get their toys in and out.

My Trans Am is white and it is usually parked in the driveway. It too is a dust magnet. I think the car gets wet with morning dew and then catches whatever small dust particles that are in the air.

Let us know how the bubble works out!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the bubble finally got here. But I've been really busy with work lately, so I haven't had a chance to get the car cleaned up. On top of that, an opportunity to go race with Year One had presented itself for this weekend. So I don't think I'll be cleaning the car up till after this weekend to go in the bubble.

Quick Reply: Guess What I Got Yesterday