Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

paintless dent remover???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paintless dent remover???

anybody know of a way to remove some small dings on the rear quarter panel? when i bought the car it had a few dents and looking at them every day is gonna make me go crazy. i dont really want to take it to a shop if i dont have to but if i do then i guess i do. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

robby
Old 11-11-2004, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't waste your money on those dent remover tools you see on T.V, check out a few dealers around you and see who they use to remove dents. JMO

Al
Old 11-11-2004, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know a guy with a Navy SS who went to a place called Pres-a-dent or something like that. He was very pleased with the results.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:04 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I went to Dent Wizard. It's a worldwide chain: http://www.dentwiz.com

It only took the guy about 20 minutes to the small ding I had in my passenger-side quarter, and he let me watch him while he did it. I can't even find the ding now.....I'm very pleased with the results.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

There are tons of places that offer paint-free dent repair. If they do it right, they set up lights and mirrors, then tap the dent out from the inside, rather than using something to pull the dent out.

-Mike
Old 11-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Launching!

how much would something like that cost?
Old 11-11-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I work for a paintless dent company. There is no device in the market that works for all dents in all locations. Those infomercial things often cause more harm then good (pull the dent but leave two others behind). If you care about your car, go to a REAL PDR company. The quality of the repair will lie COMPLETELY with how good the tech is who does your car. Around here, The Dent Wizard is pretty big and cheap but they don't have the quality that a smaller place would. The tech's have a draw to make each month so volume is more important then price or quality. Call a high-end body shop and ask who they sub their PDR work to. Go from there.

A single dent in your rear quarter should be in the $60-90 area depending on your market. If it has a crease or next to a body line (like around the gas door) it will be more. We offer very good discounts on multiple dents if they are in the same panel (like buy 2 get 1 free).
Old 11-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Launching!

that sounds like a good idea. thanks for the help.im really getting sick of looking at those dents...
Old 11-11-2004, 06:21 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine was $80 bucks.....

The guy at Dent Wizard in Indianapolis used a small metal pole with what looked like a hard rubber tip on the end. Working from the inside spare tire area, he carefully worked the dent out.

Like I said earlier, I can't even tell you where it was now....