Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I think Eurolights.com is ripping me off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think Eurolights.com is ripping me off!!!

I paid a money order of $427.00 to Eurolights.com which I purchased the HID kit with the sealed beam conversion kit. At first they answered my questions very thruly, but after I sent out the money order like 3 weeks ago I haven't heard from them. They won't return my e-mails and I thought people on this board said these guys are for real????? What can I do???? Thanks!!
Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought mine from Autooptiks
Old 12-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Fiery Features Director

There really isn't much you can do since you paid with a money order. If you would have paid through paypal or with a credit card, you could have reversed the charge. I don't know much about that company personally but other people have said that it is legit. This site can't really get involved because they aren't a sponsor. You might want to contact your local police department and see what steps you should take from here. Since it has only been 3 weeks, they may not want to deal with it so soon.

Last edited by Zangel; 12-15-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TACruiser
I paid a money order of $427.00 to Eurolights.com which I purchased the HID kit with the sealed beam conversion kit. At first they answered my questions very thruly, but after I sent out the money order like 3 weeks ago I haven't heard from them. They won't return my e-mails and I thought people on this board said these guys are for real????? What can I do???? Thanks!!
first what you need to do is get a phone number and try calling. there is too much left up to emails these days. second, go to where you bought the money order and ask them for the sheet to fill out to get the money order tracked. sometimes it takes a while, but it will tell you when and where it was cashed, and by whom. and if you find out it was cashed, call them back and give them the what for.

it is possible it was just lost in the mail and getting the tracking will also make it possible to get your money back.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Good luck getting ahold of somebody there.

I bought their regular capsule headlights for the bulb conversion quite some time ago. Then about 6 mos after purchasing, I tried to get in touch with them to ask a question. After numerous emails un-returned, phone messages, etc, I just gave up.

Unfortunately they seem like they are real friendly when you are ready to pay, then afterwards, good luck.

Try sending emails from a different account acting like you are a new customer and see if you can find a way to get them on the phone. My issue wasn't anything major, but you are in it for a decent chunk of money. Hope you can get things worked out somehow.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I would of contacted the police but after an unfriendly e-mail today I sent them, they appologized for the delayed e-mail response and told me, "due to high demand on the HID kit, we won't get them in until 12/27/04, and we will ship it out right after."

So I guess all I had to do was leave an unfriendly e-mail, lol!! Let's hope that they meant what they said and I'll receive it.

Thanks anyways guys!!
Old 12-15-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

give em a BITCHEN..tell them u want a discount..for how long its taking.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Hehe.. Sounds tempting... I just hope that they meant that they are getting it in on the 27th and not an excuse to buy more time to scam me. Otherwise we should get this whole forum to send constant e-mails telling them to give me the lights..
Old 12-15-2004, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I Bought Some Headlights From Them But Paid Thru Paypal They Where Quick On The Emails And All Few Weeeks Ago I Emailed Them About The Hid Kit Too Though Haven't Had A Chance To Order It From Them Yet.... But Im Awaiting Your Turn Out tacruiser Then Will See Keep Us Posted On This ........................
Old 12-15-2004, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CULATR
I Bought Some Headlights From Them But Paid Thru Paypal They Where Quick On The Emails And All Few Weeeks Ago I Emailed Them About The Hid Kit Too Though Haven't Had A Chance To Order It From Them Yet.... But Im Awaiting Your Turn Out tacruiser Then Will See Keep Us Posted On This ........................
I will take before/after pics and post them on the board. It won't be til end of Feb/early March til I will get my car back, because I am also having Speed Ink install a Twin Turbo on my LS1, so that will take while with all the other extra's to install. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

COOL!!!!!!! SOUNDS AWESOME CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME PICS ...........
Old 12-16-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered light bulbs from them a while back. One of the sets burned out almost immediately and I called them about it....they sent me two replacement sets.
I think it took about 3 days to get the light bulbs.
You should call rather than e-mailing...it seems like very few businesses will respond to e-mails.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NOBR8KSS
I ordered light bulbs from them a while back. One of the sets burned out almost immediately and I called them about it....they sent me two replacement sets.
I think it took about 3 days to get the light bulbs.
You should call rather than e-mailing...it seems like very few businesses will respond to e-mails.
They don't have a phone number listed in their website.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

I ordered my headlight kit from them and I recieved it the very same week and they answered all my emails within 24 hours.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

TByrne is a sponsor, and they just started carrying these kits for Camaros. I think they are $399.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:00 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Not a good sign not to have a phone number listed. Federal Trade Commision requires mail order parts to be delivered within 30 days of order , or a very good reason as to why it has not been shipped I have been in a full time mail order business since 1979.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

I just received it a few days ago. Let's just hope it fits!!

Quick Reply: I think Eurolights.com is ripping me off!!!