Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Z/28 -----> SS spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z/28 -----> SS spoiler

is this difficult ?? i was planning on changing my spoiler now that I have the SS 10 spoke wheels. i work at a dealer and a body shop that we go through should be able to get me a good deal on painting it.

so what is involved in making the change ?? just pull the panel on the hatch and there should be screws there ??

info please
Old 01-03-2005, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Its real simple man, just take the plastic interior trim off the rear hatch. You will then see four bolts. Take those off and unclip your brake like and your ready to go.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Launching!

just dont put SS badges on it
Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, very easy.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BottleRocket
unless you want to make a clone.....nothing wrong with that so long as you have the badges put in the correct location, not just close to it. there's a million 60's and 70's Camaro, Chevelle, and Nova owners who have done it, just because they prefer it. IMO.........there's nothing wrong with clones as long as you don't try passing it off for what it's not, especially when you sell it some day, and do it just for the appearance and fwiw...i'm gonna do mine that way and don't care what anyone thinks.

later,
Dave
Old 01-04-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BottleRocket

Old 01-04-2005, 10:54 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

what's with you guys and not badging it SS? I wanted an SS, but I couldn't affford it. When I do all the appropriate Ss mods, you better believe its gonna get labeled SS. who cares if I am not SLP?? If all the mods are done, then badge it! Of course DONT sell it as an SS that's common sense, but who gives and crap if it's badged? doesnt change the power of the car??? its not exactly like type-R badging when all the mods are done to SS specs!!!

dude its your car do whatever you want. I can't stand reading all of these posts where people get all bent out of shape over stupid badges. I love the SS spoiler, badges, hood, mods, and ALL of that, and I plan on putting every single one of them into effect at its proper time on my Z28.

so anyway, nice spoiler man post some pics!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Badges (like Z28 and SS) represent how the car was offered to the public (in terms of features/specs). They were not meant to represent what you, as the owner, have done to your car (excluding HP badges). If badges represented that, then there would be no reason to produce such cars as SS's and limited production vehicles. Your car may equal the SS spec's, but it will never be an SS if it was manufactured as a Z28.

Just my .0002 cents.

Last edited by ArcticZ28; 01-04-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Yeah, I'm not down with labeling it an SS if it's not an SS. Even if you put all the SLP stuff on there, it's not an SS. Just leave the Z28 badges on there, or remove all badges. (People will think it's a v6, and wanna race you )
Old 01-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Launching!

ok, well before this thread gets locked for another argument over badging, the spoiler swap is easy, just take the bolts out and have a friend help you so you dont drop it or something.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

I removed all my Z28 badges. I'm thinking of painting the black panel across the roof Pewter to match the rest of the car.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Launching!

then put a single tip out the back and make it a 3.8
Old 01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

geez, i leave the thread alone for a few days and this is what i come back to

i am not going to put an SS hood on it, so i am not going to re-badge it. i would not re-badge it even if i did put the hood on it,

i bought a Z/28 and am proud of my Z/28 !!

i just want to add a little pizzazz to it

thanks for the info on the install, looks like all i need to do is buy it and get it painted
Old 01-12-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

If you want to put SS badges on your car go right ahead Hell, we put SS wheels,spoiler, hoods, CORVETTE WHEELS, CORVETTE ENGINE COVERS and tons of other stuff on our cars that didn't come from the factory right? How many SS Z's have Z06 wheels on them??? Its about being creative
Old 01-12-2005, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by texada
If you want to put SS badges on your car go right ahead Hell, we put SS wheels,spoiler, hoods, CORVETTE WHEELS, CORVETTE ENGINE COVERS and tons of other stuff on our cars that didn't come from the factory right? How many SS Z's have Z06 wheels on them??? Its about being creative
My SS came from factory with Chrome Z06 wheels and they actually say "SS" on the centers. It came with the SS Hood, SS Spoiler, SS Grill, SS Center Mount Exhaust, and Yes SS Badging.... so it is as advertised... A NON Corvette.

Upgrading Badges on any car to advertise what it is not is no different than the ricers putting Type-R on anything with a big wing.

How many people have posted on LS1Tech asking how they can tell if the SS they bought is the real deal? Didn't SLP try to prevent this from happening by requiring a VIN number before you could order certain SS parts? There is a reason for this and it is called Cloned SS's. They tried to prevent people from having to scream out !!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with being creative and the SS badges do not make my car faster than someone who has modded there F-Body right....It is what it is.

IMHO
Old 01-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

And to add to this, if anyone has a problem with making a clone kiss my fuc.........
Old 01-12-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

Someone explain this to me. I have a regular z28, but checking the vin# it say a z28/SS Anyone else?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Someone explain this to me. I have a regular z28, but checking the vin# it say a z28/SS Anyone else?

because all SS's were Z28's at some point. SLP made them into an SS. Thats why they are Z28's with the SS package
Old 01-13-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why call your car something it isn't?? You aren't proud that you own a Z28? You feel it is nessecary to call it somthing it isn't? I fully honor and respect anyone that wants to mod their car to look like something else, but to badge it as such is pitiful.

My Red convertible is a near knock off of a Tom Henry SS, do I call it as such, no . . .

Lets take a Honda Civic and put "Type R" badges on it looser . . .
Old 01-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Why call your car something it isn't?? You aren't proud that you own a Z28? You feel it is nessecary to call it somthing it isn't? I fully honor and respect anyone that wants to mod their car to look like something else, but to badge it as such is pitiful.

My Red convertible is a near knock off of a Tom Henry SS, do I call it as such, no . . .

Lets take a Honda Civic and put "Type R" badges on it looser . . .
1998camaroz28 & 99TexasZ =

gavspurplez - Good to see people who actually respect having a Z28 (I'm gonna have to meet up with you fbodyowners.com some time).

And finally this is already + I'm sure gavspurplez gets the idea on how to take the spoiler on/off.

Quick Reply: Z/28 -----> SS spoiler