Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Driving lights are out

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driving lights are out

Well I think they are the driving lights the orange ones? Well when I wrecked my car the people that fixed it put a white bulb in when I needed an orange one and now my passenger side light is out how Do I get to both of them I tried but no luck? And when that passenger side light is out my right blinker dont work..?
Old 01-06-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can get to their harnesses by reaching behind your headlight. Give it a twist to unlock it, then pull it straight out. If you can't see what's going on behind there, you can also take your headlight assembly out (it's very easy to remove).
Old 01-06-2005, 05:09 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
You can get to their harnesses by reaching behind your headlight. Give it a twist to unlock it, then pull it straight out. If you can't see what's going on behind there, you can also take your headlight assembly out (it's very easy to remove).
The headlight assembly on a Trans Am isn't all that easy to remove. There's a lot going on in there due to them being pop-up headlights. You Camaro guys have it easy when it comes to that kind of stuff

To remove the bulb for the DRL/turn signal on a Trans Am, just reach in the vent opening right below the DRL/turn signal housing. You should be able to reach up and feel the back of the housing. Just grab the back of the bulb and twist it. It should come right out. There should be just enough wiring attached to be able to pull it out into the lower vent opening so that you can easily replace the bulb. It's kind of tight squeeze for your hand, but that's the easiest way I've found to do it.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

trap door under the frontt on both sides...2 litle screw/bolts i forget per door...you can see the back of it
Old 01-06-2005, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
trap door under the frontt on both sides...2 litle screw/bolts i forget per door...you can see the back of it
Yep easiet way!
Old 01-06-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

ok thanks im bout to start on it...another question..What could be the reson for my door locks not working? If I try to lock it inside they just beep? Do I have to take the door panel out or what
Old 01-06-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

D'oh! I didn't see that he had a T/A... Sorry about that.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

well I got both of them by the trap doors...easy way
But my passenger side socket had water in it and like coroded all the inside of it what would I use to clean it..i tried usin a knife but only got a little.

Also anyone know anything about the door locks?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2005, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

mine went out cuz water got in it i just wiped it out with paper towels (some corrosion.)
Old 01-07-2005, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
well I got both of them by the trap doors...easy way
But my passenger side socket had water in it and like coroded all the inside of it what would I use to clean it..i tried usin a knife but only got a little.

Also anyone know anything about the door locks?

Thanks
You probably have a short some where or some wiring got loose and is not making a connection. Most likely the latter of the two. See if you can find a wiring diagram on the net before you start taking your door panels off that way you are not going in there blind.

Quick Reply: Driving lights are out