Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need a new paint scheme or color any help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a new paint scheme or color any help?

I've had this paint job for almost two years now and kind of want to do something different. My first thought was to shadow some candy purple flames between the blue to give a shadow effect. Then thought maybe paint the whole car the Viper blue. With Silver flame outline.I can't decide I even looked at Viper steel. To many possibilities. the car now is artic white with GTS Viper blue flames with custom purple pearl fade around the edges fading flames all purple on the doors. (pics aren't that great) I wish when i layed the design I would have over lapped the flames some. So my paint booth is free at the end of the month, to get it in, I need some ideas please. Thanks Derek
Attached Thumbnails Need a new paint scheme or color any help?-blue2.jpg   Need a new paint scheme or color any help?-blue-flame.jpg   Need a new paint scheme or color any help?-photo0170.jpg  

Last edited by burnem; 01-11-2005 at 01:24 PM. Reason: pics
Old 01-11-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I don't like the flame look to much. Although I've seen some black cars with ghost flames that were pretty damn nice.

The problem mainly with your paint job as I see it, is that its blue and then goes straight to white. You need a transition. Especially since you've gone from a fairly dark color to a light one.

So you might want to consider changing your flames to a lighter color and then transitioning back to the white. Or if you can get a good transition applied to what you've got, it might look pretty good.

Flames can look nice, it's just not easy to do it right in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
Personally I don't like the flame look to much. Although I've seen some black cars with ghost flames that were pretty damn nice.

The problem mainly with your paint job as I see it, is that its blue and then goes straight to white. You need a transition. Especially since you've gone from a fairly dark color to a light one.

So you might want to consider changing your flames to a lighter color and then transitioning back to the white. Or if you can get a good transition applied to what you've got, it might look pretty good.

Flames can look nice, it's just not easy to do it right in my opinion.
Couldn't have put it any better myself.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

you have your own paint booth? hook a fellow fbody owner up
Old 01-11-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

So what? keep the flames I have use some candy or transparent black to do some shadows to make it blend more? Maybe then pin stripe in silver? i was leaning more to the whole car viper blue or viper steel.

Yes, Have on paint booth frame machine ect, Run a body shop located Nort of Charlotte NC
Old 01-11-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The whole car in viper blue or steel would look good but I would pick a subtle color for the flames. Like a darker shade of blue or a darker shade of gray or charcoal. Thats just my opinion. This is your car so you should do whatever you want to it that will make you proud of your results.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm...nc isnt too far from me... but i did just hit a small curb a few weekends ago and crack the front bumper about 2 inches...i havent been to a body shop cause i know they will charge me an arm and a leg, so you should help me lol
Old 01-11-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

PM' you 99FormulaM6
Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

I haven't seen Viper blue. That would be nice.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

A guy on supraforums (maybe on here too) has a Viper Steele paint job, it looks TIGHT.

I'm not a big fan of flames at all, but like they said, do what makes you happy.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Fiery Features Director

That is a pretty drastic difference between colors. The blue is so bold over the white. You should definately tone down the ends to make it appear a bit more subtle. Maybe you could consider pin striping or layers.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Pin stripe in silver and egge the flame with a light purple rather than the dark paurple. I love the viper blue i can't get rid of it unless I change the whole car color. (its grew on me)
Old 01-12-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

a flame job with colors like the 2005 F-250 Harley Davidson would look nice IMO. its a medium gray with darker flames and has some sort of outline on the flames.

Quick Reply: Need a new paint scheme or color any help?