Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Doesn't it piss you off when........

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doesn't it **** you off when........

.....you park your f-bod in goddamn bumfuck, leave your car for 45 minutes to get a quick lift in, and come out to see that some ******* in an 82 beat-to-**** corrola has parked less then a foot a way from the right side of your car. Now I asked my self,"How could he get out of his car without nailing my car with his door." Answer....Impossible. Now I have two beautiful dings in my right rear quarter panel because of this dipshit. Anyways I just claimed hail damage a few months back and had the car paintless dent repaired. I do not want to make another claim. Thus Im wondering how this dry ice method is done, and where I can pick some up.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Screw driver into the guilty party's door worked well for me in the past.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

how about a size eleven embedded in his door,seen-it, done-it
Old 02-02-2005, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Hahaha, that happens all the time. I park my car all the way on other side of the moon because its so empty and faraway from anything. I come back, and someone manages to park next to me. Room all around my car, but he chooses to park next to me. After awhile I stopped caring, its no use.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry, to hear that... But i have to agree, i intentionally park my car away from the masses and there could be a million other spaces available that are much closer to wherever im at, but there is ALWAYS someone parked right up on me when i come back. I've been lucky so far. Anyways i dont understand it. Good luck w/ ur car WhitePheonix.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

just like the commercial when the guy is on vacation on a wide open empty beach, no one is around at all.. then the big guy with tons of crap sits down RIGHT next to him..

we all feel your pain man...like flawless says:
I park my car all the way on other side of the moon because its so empty and faraway from anything. I come back, and someone manages to park next to me
Old 02-02-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Carry some large nails with you in the glove compartment, next time, leave one propped up against the offending POS's tires....quick and painless....
Old 02-02-2005, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

If the car was still there I'd certainly have words with the owner, and be doing what I could do to get him to pay!!

I always pick about 6-7 spots beyond where everybody else is parked...If you're extremely far out, a&@holes will purposely park next to you to prove a point. I try to stay away, but not make it obvious!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ptvolly
If the car was still there I'd certainly have words with the owner, and be doing what I could do to get him to pay!!

I always pick about 6-7 spots beyond where everybody else is parked...If you're extremely far out, a&@holes will purposely park next to you to prove a point. I try to stay away, but not make it obvious!
I agree! Ptvolly. I try to use this practice But there is always some a$$hole talking in his head "Oh, look at MR. My Cars To Special To Park By You POS's. I'll Show You!" <insert loud THUMP of metal on metal here>. Keep in mind also, most parking lots now have Video. Could come in handy.

But to get back to WhitePheonixs' question. What is this dry ice method? It may come in handy some day.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happened to me at traffic court.. this guy parked in a little *** crack firelane slot and dinged my car... I kicked in his door! Eat **** pos BMW
Old 02-02-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you just had your car fixed for hail, take it back to the PDR company and tell them your story. If you just spent a bunch of money there, they'll probably cut you one hell of a deal.

Dry ice is a myth.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

It happened to me once. BUT I caught the guy. He was just getting into his car. I said WTF, he said he was sorry. I said if there's a hint of anything on my car I was going to kick his *** and flip his car over. He had a CRX, those are easy to flip.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I use to park way out but now I just find the biggest parking place or one next to a island curb and park close to the curb.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

i usually park in 2 spaces in the middle of nowwhere... but it still never fails to have the biggest POS park right next to u..... I swear its a conspiracy
Old 02-03-2005, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, **** like this happens all the time and then when F-body and vette owners angle park people get WAAAY offended. I am by no means saying you should angle park in two spaces anywhere near the store. That's asking to get keyed. But angle park out in BFE and they still think your all uppity up.

Wrong dipshit! So sorry that I care to preserve the appearance of my car.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:03 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear about the dings. I don't know what the "Dry ice method" is but you can pick some up at most ice cream parlors (ie: 31 flavors, Ben & Jerry's, etc.).
Old 02-03-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Second Club

the dry ice method works when your cars sheet metal is really hot like on a nice summer day then you apply a small mount of dry ice to the dented area. he metal expands and contracts with heat and cold and the dent should pop out.

hope this helps.

Joker - i thought i was the only one that did that. i even did all 4 corners once i was so pissed.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 30thz
Joker - i thought i was the only one that did that. i even did all 4 corners once i was so pissed.
Dude, and I thought I was being original!!! I have done that a couple of times including an all 4 corners on some ******* who dinged my TA once. I carry the big fence nails that look like small spikes. These babies go in and their flat within a minute if not sooner....

Another way to let people know is to have a business card type note drawn up that reads:

"Hey *******, I take extra time, money and care keeping my car nice, next time you park try giving a little room so I or others don't have to worry about some ******* like you dinging the door...by the way, look under your left rear tire. Next time, I won't tell you and all four tires will get it. Have we got a deal? "

Leave this under the wiper facing them and see if they get the picture.

Also, carry a disposable camera with you in case you do get a ding and the offending car is still parked there so you take pics of the damage, his license plate, the space between the two cars, everything you would need to file a police and insurance report so they get to pay for it. (note: if you do the nail trick, don't bother taking pics...)
Old 02-03-2005, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Makes you want to do this huh?

http://www.humveeclub.com/chuckk/movies/malcolm.wmv

Video off Malcolm in the Middle.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DarknessZ28
Makes you want to do this huh?

http://www.humveeclub.com/chuckk/movies/malcolm.wmv

Video off Malcolm in the Middle.
Now that would relieve some stress, ey?

Quick Reply: Doesn't it piss you off when........