ss hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ss hood

anyone seen these on an actual car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

i guess you have to pretty much sacrafice your stock hood if you do this! i'm curious to see what it actually looks like.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't do it. Way to much work to make it look nice. If that is possible at all
Old 05-04-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i saw someone do it on some foreign site... and it came out looking really really good, i'll have to search for it but it looked just like an oem/aftermarket hood but granted there was a lot of work involved. the guy who did it, did all the work himself
Old 05-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by superchannelkev
i saw someone do it on some foreign site... and it came out looking really really good, i'll have to search for it but it looked just like an oem/aftermarket hood but granted there was a lot of work involved. the guy who did it, did all the work himself
Thanks superchannelkev

here it is again, no it was not much work, but you have to know how to do it of course. I don`t know if the ebay scoop is the same as my from Harwood, but the Harwood looks good, it is little higher than SS org.

Last edited by saturnus; 05-07-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Launching!

IMO....hell no...save and get a real hood. You spent good money trying to get the car so why buy cheap ricer **** that is fake really doesn't benefit the car. At least the real hood will give you some air to your engine! If you were going to waste your money on that, then just buy some stickers that say SS and put them all over you car! Maybe it will make it go faster. IMO!
Old 05-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 150shotWS6
IMO....hell no...save and get a real hood. You spent good money trying to get the car so why buy cheap ricer **** that is fake really doesn't benefit the car. At least the real hood will give you some air to your engine! If you were going to waste your money on that, then just buy some stickers that say SS and put them all over you car! Maybe it will make it go faster. IMO!
well, show me what you did to your car. I did the hood because I don`t like the Z hood, thats it, and I think the scoop will make the car go little slower now. I did my own air intake under the car, the air come right up to the airbox. I also did this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...andfinale1.jpg by my self,

http://groups.msn.com/Z28-Jensen Bilder=pics

Last edited by saturnus; 05-07-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:13 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

That's a nice pic, but its not your air intake. Can I see the intake?

Brad
Old 05-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Teching In

It must be hard 150shotWS6, to ask for help. I do painting and all mods by my self. Anyway, the shipping for a hood to sweden was $350, and then I don`t know if the aftermarket hood will fit nice.

05-08-2005, 10:18 PM
150shotWS6
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2005

X1 Cam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just bought the X1, No idea how to install a cam! So I have to take it to a shop! Any guesses on how much labor I will have to pay for?

2001 Red WS6: Free air mods, Custom 3" Str8t, 255 fuel pump, T55, and a hot bitch in passanger to laugh at the ricer on the side of me! More mods to come!

Last edited by saturnus; 05-29-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 150shotWS6
I would also save and get a OEM hood just because it will be that much better.

150shotWS6 it is probably cheeper to just buy the scoop and have it fiberglassed onto the hood then buying a new hood (Only reason I can see for it). So stop trying to be a hardass... I failed to see where he asked to put stickers on his car

Quick Reply: ss hood