Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

People Piss me off!! (eggs)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People **** me off!! (eggs)

So I'm late to work this morning and I run out to get in my car and notice something yellow on my drivers side door handle. I Look down and my ENTIRE botton half of the door is covered in egg yolks, and the middle of it all is a bunch of egg shell stuck to my car! I tried to take it off with my hand and the paint chipped in a bunch of places in about a 4" area. Why can't kids leave peoples **** alone?

So my question is this, I have some touchup-paint in a small bottle, what is the best way to conceal this? I mean blending into the paint etc.? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

you had better take your car to a car wash stat pronto. eggs will eat through your clear coat.
i would get the cops there and have a report done on it first though.
justin
Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002z28
you had better take your car to a car wash stat pronto. eggs will eat through your clear coat.
i would get the cops there and have a report done on it first though.
justin

I already cleaned off all the egg yolk and there's no damage except where the egg shell used to be.

My cars ALWAYS get targeted for this ****, my old car had tires slashed, windows broken etc.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

damn i am sorry to hear all that
Old 08-03-2005, 09:12 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

There was a guy here in Indy last week that chased down and shot some kids for egging his truck as he drove by. One of them died and he hit another one in the leg.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
There was a guy here in Indy last week that chased down and shot some kids for egging his truck as he drove by. One of them died and he hit another one in the leg.

omg....wow... I wish I could catch the ******** in the act. When we had burgularies last year we had CD players stolen on 2 or 3 different occasions. Makes you wanna camp outside with a shotty.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
My cars ALWAYS get targeted for this ****, my old car had tires slashed, windows broken etc.
DAMN!

Where the hell do you live?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bearcatpride
DAMN!

Where the hell do you live?

Near Northern Dallas Texas. It's not a bad area at all but we've had our share or random acts of vandalism and robberies especially last year. Late Junior year my tire got slashed in the parking lot, and our van got a 8 ball thrown thru the large window.

So if I touch up with paint how would you blend it? Let it dry then use rubbing compound on the edges?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

I would build up a good bit of paint on the chips, touch up let dry repeat till you have a good base and wont rub it all off easily. Then take a polising compound of choice (I really like safecut by waxshop) and start to polish the area until it smoothes out to your liking. If you end up taking all the paint off or take it down to far just start over. Make sure the paint is good and dry when you start polishing also. Then go over with the wax of your choice (I like meguiars gold class).

I worked at the premier detail shop in Portland, Or for 5 years and this is the technique we would use. Hope this helps.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Flaminchiten67
I would build up a good bit of paint on the chips, touch up let dry repeat till you have a good base and wont rub it all off easily. Then take a polising compound of choice (I really like safecut by waxshop) and start to polish the area until it smoothes out to your liking. If you end up taking all the paint off or take it down to far just start over. Make sure the paint is good and dry when you start polishing also. Then go over with the wax of your choice (I like meguiars gold class).

I worked at the premier detail shop in Portland, Or for 5 years and this is the technique we would use. Hope this helps.
cool, thanks man.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
Near Northern Dallas Texas. It's not a bad area at all but we've had our share or random acts of vandalism and robberies especially last year. Late Junior year my tire got slashed in the parking lot, and our van got a 8 ball thrown thru the large window.
How come dallas and her suburbs get this kinda ? over here everyone's house has already been broken into already and ppl's has been towed away while their car was IN THEIR DRIVEWAY!!! mayor lowra miller or what ever her name is should be taking care of this instead of getting no smoking in public places laws and crap that like!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject
How come dallas and her suburbs get this kinda ? over here everyone's house has already been broken into already and ppl's has been towed away while their car was IN THEIR DRIVEWAY!!! mayor lowra miller or what ever her name is should be taking care of this instead of getting no smoking in public places laws and crap that like!
It's just all the youth today. ******* up others peoples hard earned property out of boredom or jealously, ******** like to see others in a bad situation and know they caused it....it's a power trip thing.

Quick Reply: People Piss me off!! (eggs)