Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Making a Christmas List....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Making a Christmas List....

Hello everyone. Well my car is soooo close to being paid off. With that in mind, i cant mod until its paid off. However i am able to get some minor appearance/interior stuff for x-mas. I am totally stumped on anything else i can get. I already have rims,lowered,overlays,tint,smoked sidemarkers/third brake light,ram air hood. I think my Exterior is about maxxed out. Any suggestions for it that i am missing? For the interior, all i have is white face gauge, and some CF trim pieces. I have so far on my list some of those headrest decals of a bird in red that im going to try out and see if i like the look, if it fits well im going to get the nice embroidered ones and ditch the decals. Anyone use those smoothlocks? I saw them.... pieces that cover up your doorlocks, may look nice/clean, i dunno. Any other suggestions for soemthing i can do to interior maybe that wont cost a lot for x-mas? I dont want to paint anything.... suggestions? thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-05-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blackbird stripes would be a good cheap addition
Old 12-05-2005, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yea i was thinking about those... but think they would be too flashy on my car? i like the clean/sleek look, think it might be too much? Thanks!

Old 12-05-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

Detailing supplies

Maximize and protect the appearance of your paint.

Wax, sealant, microfiber towels, mitts, metal polish, tire dressing, etc.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the keyhole covers on a few cars at the Hot rod power tour and it looked alright. i wouln't do it to my car. I did see shaved handles and locks. that looked good. Check out afterthoughts auto for some ideas or thunder racing and the MBA products. Some nice loyds custom mats would be nice.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Dont forget the engine bay apperance. You could polish everything, get fuel rail covers or buy some Mobil 1 oil cap and decals or a battery cover. Just a few more easy ideas. Get a color matched strut tower brace or do the !wire mod. Personally, I am waiting for after xmas to get a stb and a polished oil dipstick. Anything that is color in the engine bay you could replace or repaint. It wouldn't cost all that much.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by prince xizor
Dont forget the engine bay apperance. You could polish everything, get fuel rail covers or buy some Mobil 1 oil cap and decals or a battery cover. Just a few more easy ideas. Get a color matched strut tower brace or do the !wire mod. Personally, I am waiting for after xmas to get a stb and a polished oil dipstick. Anything that is color in the engine bay you could replace or repaint. It wouldn't cost all that much.
I agree hit that engine bay with some bling bling
Old 12-05-2005, 10:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok yea... well i already have a $150 list of zaino products on my list, haha. Im a zaino freak! I was just thinking that also. In my engine bay i have that ugly Suncoast Ram Air that i made a thread on in Ext Forum to see if a normal lid would work, i also have a red hotchkis STB, Red top battery and vette FRC's. I was thinking of getting my FRCs painted, maybe a new lid and paint that to match. Then wait for my LS6 intake then paint that to match also. I also want to get all my wires in red and polish some stuff up. Thanks for the ideas. Now a good place to get my stuff painted or person for a reasonable price? Also ideas on paint scheme? I was thinking black/red?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok soo i mthinking of ideas to do for my engine bay. I definately want to get my FRCs and LS6 intake painted when i get it..... Also a lid, hopefully i can swap out my ugly Suncoast box for a clear or black lid i can paint or leave clear...... I am trying to decide on a good color scheme to go with for the paint and what type of design. I was thinking of maybe getting the FRC's in Black with Trans Am 5.7L in red on them, paint the intake Red and paint the lid black with a Red Bird on it, than get soemr ed wire covers and bling some stuff up.... Any other ideas? Heres what it looks like now..

Old 12-05-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Have you got a good polisher and real towels? Until you've used the good stuff (don't get me wrong, Zaino is excellent, but I'm talking about true polishes), you don't know just how good your car can look.

I really should get Porter Cable to start paying me for endorsements...

-Mike
Old 12-05-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do the embroidered headrests for sure, I did and they will look 100X better than a decal. Also like everyone else said underhood apperance.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

No, no polishers for me, i jsut use Zaino and am very happy with it, not sure if i want to get into using machines, i like the ease of zaino and the magnificent results. I am going to do the headrests and am looking for ideas of underhood stuff. DetroitMuscle, are you a member of SLP or any other groups? Maybe we'll have to get together next summer and cruise Gratiot and hit up Milan or somethin. Keep in touch.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Superman09
No, no polishers for me, i jsut use Zaino and am very happy with it, not sure if i want to get into using machines, i like the ease of zaino and the magnificent results. I am going to do the headrests and am looking for ideas of underhood stuff. DetroitMuscle, are you a member of SLP or any other groups? Maybe we'll have to get together next summer and cruise Gratiot and hit up Milan or somethin. Keep in touch.
www.mifbody.com ! I have been telling you forever!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Oh yea, well i knew you and Vince were in that. Wasnt sure about this guy though. Do you all hang together?

Old 12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Liek Concept said I'm on mifbody.com a lot and also on SEMB but I don't post their often. Yeah I have noticed that our winter lists are quite similar except I already have the stall and am installing a cam but we will definatly hit up the strip and gratiot several times this spring. I'll keep in touch for sure. On the underhood mod side I'd say take off your FRCs and repaint them black with Red Trans Am lettering. That with a painted LS6 and nice lid will draw a lot of attention from the other parts of the engine bay, then just keep it clean. Of course you could go more in depth and a battery cover wouldn't look bad either.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Dark Red Blackbird stripes and overlays to match would be bad *** and sleak IMO. I know you've already got overlays, but if you want to be subtle, nothing beats a deep, dark red on black.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yea, i think for my underhood theme...... if i can by chance switch my suncoast set up to a lid without sacrificing power im going to paint my lid, intake and FRC's all black, then on the lid paint a red Bird, Trans Am on the FRCs and maybe jsut leave the intake or think of a design for that. Yea, for winter mods, not sure if ill be able to get to them without much for a winter job but im hoping on full exhaust and a stall so we'll see. I decided i like my overlays and am pretty sure i want to stick with them but what about blackbird stripes? Too much for my look? Thanks!

Old 12-06-2005, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

The stripes look good on some cars and others I don't care much for. Its what you think that really matters so maybe photoshop some on or look for others who have them, thats the best way to find out.

Quick Reply: Making a Christmas List....