Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Proper color scheme choice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper color scheme choice?

Here is what i am planning on doing (Tell me how you think it will look!) My car is artic white with t-top and WS-9 hood, and i plan on getting the fourthcircledesign blackbird hood stripes in silver metallic as well as door overlays and trans am emblems for the front calipers with my rear bumper painted in a charcoal CETA style. Tell me what you think of my idea, I like the subtleness of the silver on my white from the sample they sent me but the one prob i can forsee is how the charcoal will flow with everything else! Input please! Blue metallic calipers with silver metallic bracket.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Too many colors. Silver, white, charcoal and blue = wont flow at all. I'd keep it white/charcoal or white/pewter or silver. If you want, you can do a charcoal to silver fade on the front bird and Trans Am logo's just to be a little bit different. The silver and charcoal idea will work, but it clashes too much for my personal taste.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I gotta somewhat agree with Ling-Ling, ...
The blue may not go to well.
How about polishing the calipers instead of painting them?
Then add the charcoal decals to the front calipers. Charcoal Blackbird stripes, Charcoal overlays, & Charcoal CETA rear fascia?
Hmmm, ..., maybe, ...
Whatever, ..., Pick a theme & stick to it. Don't mix too many colors, ...
Good Luck!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Too many colors. Silver, white, charcoal and blue = wont flow at all. I'd keep it white/charcoal or white/pewter or silver. If you want, you can do a charcoal to silver fade on the front bird and Trans Am logo's just to be a little bit different. The silver and charcoal idea will work, but it clashes too much for my personal taste.
hey now, you passing out my ideas Ling?!(charcoal to silver fade) lol. the silver and charcoal should work fine with white, but once you start adding blue as well, its a little too busy. just my .02..
Old 01-30-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nasty99WS6
hey now, you passing out my ideas Ling?!(charcoal to silver fade) lol. the silver and charcoal should work fine with white, but once you start adding blue as well, its a little too busy. just my .02..
Naw man lol.

Ive always thought a charcoal/silver fade (esp on white or black) would look great on a TA. I know its been done (hell, at this point what hasnt been done with these cars?) but I still thinks its one of those cool schemes that works w/ the right combo.

That, and it fits the phoenix theme of the birds. A bird that consumes itself with fire then rises from the ashes....
Old 01-30-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey Ling, if you have any pictures of that fade being done on our birds, please post..
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nasty99WS6
hey Ling, if you have any pictures of that fade being done on our birds, please post..
Right now its all in my head man. lol

But I'll definatly post up some pics if I ever see it.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would do Pewter stripes/overlays and bumper with pewter calipers and blk brackets.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-31-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd make all vinyl on the car silver, maybe do the two-tone bird on the front with either chrome or black and silver, the CETA done in black w/ black calipers (silver logos) w/ chrome or metallic silver brackets.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Great ideas guys!!! All better than mine!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

So.... 02Firehawk, that's pewter on that car you posted in top pic and silver metallic in bottom pic? Because thats the type of subtleness I'm looking for as opposed to a black stripe. I got a sample of the silver metallic that looks pretty good but there's nothing like actually being able to see it on a car. I wish i had photoshop to play with before i do any changes so that i don't regret my choice in the end and waste $$$$$.Obviously the time spent doing the calipers will be the biggest desicion as the other stuff can be changed rather quickly.

Last edited by DogNutz; 02-01-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Firehawk#614

Yes, ..., Now that's sharp IMO, ...
Needs the front bird & the headlight Pontiac highlighted also.
Nice clean sides, ...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Man here in missouri you MUST run a front plate so my front bird is out! SUX ***!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Junkie

They make clear overlays you can put in place of the stock painted piece, altho I dunno how legal they are if you must run a front plate in your state (being Im sure some LEO out there will pull you for an obstruction of plate). Not like you can still do much with that in the paint arena, but its just an option.

If nothing else, I say keep the plate-cover in the car for show's and get togethers. That way you can still have your cool painted piece for "show" and then when you're ready to leave, pop it off and you're legal to roll.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just pick one color to go with white. Really any color will look good. I have a pewter and black theme. white and blue would look good..
Old 02-01-2006, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Oh **** guy's! I asked for it! Now i got too many damn good ideas from you all and now wish i had 6 freakin cars to just do them all I'm a nurse in a psychiatry clinic and now I'm about to check myself in for multiple personalities due to you guy's I am now leaning toward blue.er no silver..er charcoal.er ARGHHHHHHH HELP NEED XANAX NOW!!!

Quick Reply: Proper color scheme choice?