Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone try the California Jelly Water Blade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try the California Jelly Water Blade?

Anyone seen these? They're like jelly squeegee blades for drying your car. I liked the car duster and dash duster so I wasn't sure if this product was a hit too. I'd just be afraid of tracking along dirt and causing scratches but if you did a good enough job washing the car it probably wouldn't be an issue, and at the very least it seems like they'd be great to dry the large glass areas without making streaks or leaving water spots. Any experience with these?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Launching!

i have one of those and use it all the time just to get the majority of the water off the car before i finish drying it with a towel.... i'd really only use one though if you are sure the car is clean... ive done a few pay-n-spray car washes and no matter what the car is still dirty. i used it on a friend's car after one of the aforementioned car washes and it might have left some scratches.. (although the car was a scratched-up POS to begin with, so who knows) although if you have your own hose and sponge to make sure there's no dirt on the car i'd definatly recommend one since it makes getting the water off the car 10x easier...
Old 03-16-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It saves a TON of time...between that and my ABOSRBER shampoo, I get the car completely dry, then a quick spin to get the water out of the crack and body lines, and waaaaaah laaah
Old 03-16-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I only use it on my glass windows, always was afraid it would scratch my paint if something fell onto it.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
I only use it on my glass windows, always was afraid it would scratch my paint if something fell onto it.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
x3
Old 03-16-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i have been using cally water blade for 2 years now and i have never scratched a car and i detail cars so i love it. but there is a technique to it
Old 03-16-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DansRedz28
well i have been using cally water blade for 2 years now and i have never scratched a car and i detail cars so i love it. but there is a technique to it
I detail on the side and I scratched my own car (luckily), so it'll never touch a customer's paint, I guess I just don't trust it to take the chance.(maybe i don't trust myself ) It's slick on glass though.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well car has to be pretty wet and you got to use smooth fast swipes
Old 03-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

I use it all the time. I use it on the whole car, it saves lots of time and keeps the car from drying quick and getting water spots.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Ive used a water blade since I had my car I really like it. YES I scratched my car once with it and it was my own fault so no biggie, it hides easily with a coat of wax anyway. But the damn thing is so convenient to dry the car streak and water spot free I feel its worth it. I follow up the water blade with my waffle weave towel and I think the combination works perfectly. Zero water spots, clean shine.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like it's worth a shot....if for the glass if nothing else. I've been using a chamois but it's time consuming and streaks the glass.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

I have had one for years...works good-IF U R CAREFUL not to let the hard plastic handle hit the car like I have done a couple times..not bad though, waxed the scuff out.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

I've been using one for 8 years now. Only issue I've ever had was dragging the silicone along and having the end of the blade leave a mark of silicone on the car. Nothing a little polish didn't take out. I always shake it off after each pass and if I think there's junk on it wipe the blade off with a towel. Never had a scratch on any of the vehicles I've used it on in the past 8 years. My dad uses it on his 46 Chevy street rod and other vehicles with no problems.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:37 PM
In Need of Cup Holders!

Just use the Mr Clean AutoDry. You dont have to worry about scratches with water.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Teching In

My buddy scratched the living mess out of his car with it.........imo, the best way to dry a car is to use the hose with no nozzle to run water from top to bottom. If you have a good coat of wax on the car most of the water will run off. Then I just blot the rest of the water off with a good towel.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by A-EZ
My buddy scratched the living mess out of his car with it.........imo, the best way to dry a car is to use the hose with no nozzle to run water from top to bottom. If you have a good coat of wax on the car most of the water will run off. Then I just blot the rest of the water off with a good towel.
Your buddy obviously had no clue wtf he was doing then. Ive been using mine for almost 4 years and not but one (careless on my part) scratch on my car. Plus by not using towels to dry my car I think I lowered the chances of getting swirls since my car doesnt have any.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use to have one back in the day. I used it on my 2002 monte carlo that I had. Worked good. I don't think I'll ever use one on my trans am though.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Got mine at walmart for $20. Great product, but if youre not careful it will make more of a mess. Cant dry your car faster than this.

Quick Reply: Anyone try the California Jelly Water Blade?