Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Any advice for putting on a windshield header???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any advice for putting on a windshield header???

I got an SLP Performance sticker for my windshield. Any tricks on putting it on?????
Old 04-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

My advice would be to throw the banner away, their pretty cheesy if you ask me.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

lol............
Old 04-09-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
I'd agree 110%

but if you must: clean the windsheild very well. get somthing to remove all air so it'll come out flat, squegee works well. Take your time is the key!

and then sit back look at it shake your head take it off.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

dont do it!!!1
Old 04-09-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the man wants to put a banner on his windshield, let him make the decision on his own. Any case, clean the windshield good with alcohol, then mix up a bit of soap and water in a bucket or a squirt bottle if you have one available. Get the windshield nice and wet with the water, then lay the decal on top to place it where you want it. It'll still stick, but it won't stick 100% so you can peel it off should it come out crooked or what not. Once you have it where you want it, tape it in place and use a squeege to remove all the water/air bubbles under the decal.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by meissenation
If the man wants to put a banner on his windshield, let him make the decision on his own. Any case, clean the windshield good with alcohol, then mix up a bit of soap and water in a bucket or a squirt bottle if you have one available. Get the windshield nice and wet with the water, then lay the decal on top to place it where you want it. It'll still stick, but it won't stick 100% so you can peel it off should it come out crooked or what not. Once you have it where you want it, tape it in place and use a squeege to remove all the water/air bubbles under the decal.
+1 What he said
Old 04-09-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

agree with meiss... lay the stickers down from one corner and increase the surface area while using the squeege to iron out your bubbles.. when you have the squeege be careful with it and just take it nice and easy with the bubbles, dont force them... if you make a mess out of it with the bubbles you can always take the sticker off and put it back on again ...
Old 04-09-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh cool is SLP sponsoring you?
Old 04-09-2006, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
I finally agree with something the McDouche said.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

Unless SLP is giving you money to be a rolling billboard for them, why cheapen your car?

Do you think any true f-body fan likes their aftermarket parts? Aside from the Firehawk, SS Camaro, and the LT1 WS6 cars, SLP hasn't done anything right except screw novice owners out of hard earned money on bogus "horsepower packages."
Old 04-09-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Unless SLP is giving you money to be a rolling billboard for them, why cheapen your car?

Do you think any true f-body fan likes their aftermarket parts? Aside from the Firehawk, SS Camaro, and the LT1 WS6 cars, SLP hasn't done anything right except screw novice owners out of hard earned money on bogus "horsepower packages."
Agrees 100% with what he said.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

installation instructions

1. clean your windshield
2. throw away the sticker
3. dont buy any more **** from SLP
Old 04-09-2006, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroextra
installation instructions

1. clean your windshield
2. throw away the sticker
3. dont buy any more **** from SLP
bahahaha
Old 04-09-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another fine thread ruined by people inputting their opinion instead of HELPING answer the man's question on how to INSTALL. Quit being dicks and answer the question instead of inputting worthless bullshit just because you don't like the mod. I don't see ANYWHERE in his post asking your opinion on the mod, just how to install it.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I personally think it does cheapen the look of your car. I would never put a sticker on mine, but it's your car.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

This is the kind of response that should be filling this thread...
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another fine thread ruined by people inputting their opinion instead of HELPING answer the man's question on how to INSTALL. Quit being dicks and answer the question instead of inputting worthless bullshit just because you don't like the mod. I don't see ANYWHERE in his post asking your opinion on the mod, just how to install it.
Well said. Seriously guys, don't be ******** about it. If he likes it, then that's all that matters.

I just put on a windshield decal of my own today. It definitely is a 2-person job, if done right. First, find the center of the decal and the windshield, of course. Then, measure the tops of each letter from the top of the windshield, however distance you want it (to keep the decal straight). Then, tape the decal on the windshield where you want it with scotch tape or something weak (NOT duct tape!). After you've done that, then comes the tricky part. Run tape along the entire length of the top of the decal, right up against it, matching the exact curvature. This will be used to mark little notches with a pencil on from the top of the decal and onto the tape above. Mark notches with a pencil at the halfway point, 1/4 points, and the edges. That way, you no longer have to have the decal taped down onto the glass. Now, with the decal no longer taped down, you should have notches marked on the decal itself. With the tape above being marked off, peel one side of the adhesive tape off, and fold it over. Only do one side of a time, matching your notches and working from the center out. After you've done the one side, work the other side while peeling the tape back. I know it sounds difficult, but once you read it all it should make sense to you. After a few hours, or the recommended 48 hours on the professional adhesives, peel off the top application layer slowly. If you have any other questions, PM me or email me or something. I'd be glad to help you further along!

Oh yea, make sure your glass is hot and the temperature outside is between 60-80 degrees. This will help the adhesive on the decal cure faster and more efficiently.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldnt do it on "hot" glass. I'd do it in a shaded area and make sure its somewhat cool, and have a liberal amount of solution as meissenation said previously.

Just make sure there's enough to not have the decal stick 100%. You want to be able to move it around, but you also want to be able to squeege or ring out that excess to have the decal stick.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
I wouldnt do it on "hot" glass. I'd do it in a shaded area and make sure its somewhat cool, and have a liberal amount of solution as meissenation said previously.

Just make sure there's enough to not have the decal stick 100%. You want to be able to move it around, but you also want to be able to squeege or ring out that excess to have the decal stick.
Oh sorry for not being totally clear lol. I did not use a solution for my decal. I've had problems with solutions before with decals peeling months later and crap, so I did away with it. Yea with a solution, you can do it in a cool area, but if you're not using any, hot glass is the preferred choice. That'll make the adhesive cure the best, and keep it there for good!

Quick Reply: Any advice for putting on a windshield header???