Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

new pics of my car from the car show

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pics of my car from the car show (advice needed)

shes almost finished for now, LS1 tail lights, new exhaust tips and some other things. im wanting to paint her pewter and have the NBM decals sprayed on. any thoughts? shes just not getting noticed at car shows.

Last edited by brynnda; 05-07-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Change out the rims, Ditch the front plate, paint door handles white. That's about it really. Everything else looks pretty good.

Black CETA mod and Black Rims is a kick *** combo, if your thinking about doing any of those changes I listed
Old 05-07-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

i havent taken off the front plate because of the 2 huge holes that will be there. i was planning on different wheels after it was painted. everything will be painted, door locks, handles, triangle by the sail panel.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

whats a CETA mod?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

painting the lower part of the bumper

Edit Here is a pic
Old 05-07-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh hell no. hence the stripe, ive never seen anyone else do that, hopefully im the only one.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brynnda
whats a CETA mod?
It's painting where the plate and exhaust tips go black (or another contrasting color)
As for why you don't get noticed at shows, I have the same problem, it's just because the 4th gens are too new, most of the folks who go and enter the average show have much older cars, that aren't seen every day. If you want to get noticed, go to the f body shows (that's my 2 cents)
BTW nice looking T/A
Old 05-07-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanx alot, i havent found any f-body shows in vegas to go to though.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ite+trans+ceta

Check that dude's T/A out, you just might like it!!

BTW- I wasn't trying to come off like a jag with my reply, just tryin to give some input!!! I think the ceta mod makes the back of the car look totaly different, and chances are, if you've never seen it at a car show you go to, that's more points for you for uniqueness!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

dayum, lookin' sharp!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Good looking car. Nothing like a LT1 with ram air. I wouldn't change much about it myself. I know the feeling though. I don't think mine gets looked at much at the car shows either. I am gald the ones I go to aren't judged. Makes me feel bad, last one that was judged that I put it in a crappy looking SS got a trophy and my car didn't. I think it was pro-Chevy anyway.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:55 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

I have never owned an LT1 TA...Your TA is making me think that its about time to get that taken care of!!

Great ride man....
Old 05-08-2006, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Keep the wheels. That's a sweet ride.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanx guys, i posted on a different forum and didnt get much advice there, i dont like the CETA mod, i like my stripe. i love her, i wish i hadnt put the sail panel birds up so high though, they bug me. the vinyl color i used was discontinued, and i only have a very small 12" section left. i have another set of the sail panel birds, but the head is turned the wrong direction. if i could find a shop that could scan them in, flip them and cut them out with my material id be set, havnet found one though.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ite+trans+ceta

Check that dude's T/A out, you just might like it!!

BTW- I wasn't trying to come off like a jag with my reply, just tryin to give some input!!! I think the ceta mod makes the back of the car look totaly different, and chances are, if you've never seen it at a car show you go to, that's more points for you for uniqueness!

no hard feelings, ive seen that mod on quite a few cars, just didnt know what it was called. i dont care for it at all, and i put the stripe on there for uniqueness, i havent seen anyone else put a stripe there and w/o it it just looked like something was missing.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

man that is an awesome looking LT1! I bet there aren't many LT1 TA's at the shows you are going to, so you probably aren't very far off from being noticed. Check out LVFbody.com for information on shows there ... if you haven't already. I wouldn't do pewter with NBM accents... sounds kind of fugly to me.

Have them fill in the holes from the front plate when you have it repainted. Pick a non-factory color (a pearl or candy) if you want to get noticed at shows. I would do pearl white since you have white now. The final result is alot cleaner if you have similiar colors.

For some reason, the molding is very noticeably gone too. Maybe its the lack of side vents on the LT1s... Its not too bad, but if you still have them you might want to stick them back on there before the new spray goes on. Definitely have the door handles sprayed the new color too, but I wouldn't paint the triangles at the B-pillar. I have seen that it looks a little odd.

New wheels would get alot more looks at shows too. But unless you go with something pretty expensive, Id just stick with the wheels you have. They would look alot better if you lowered the car and stripped the clear coat off of them! Would look much shinier (almost chrome) https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=stripping

Some stainless steel accents... replace the side trans am emblems, rear pontiac, and front ram air grills.... would help alot at shows IMO.

You might want to have someone re-tint it after you paint the dot matrix area flat black from inside the car. That really sticks out to me in the rear shots.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Your car looks good as is. So any changes to it you may make, im sure it will look good.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

chrome tips!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with "reject" chrome tips would really bring it out something like the corsa tips but your car looks great as is.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanx guys, i want dual stainless steal magnaflow tips, just havent found any in my budget, but theyre on the list. oh, im not to fond on LVFBody, left a terrible taste in my mouth, but i wont open that can of worms.