Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Here is YOUR chance to be in the 2007 LS1Tech Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Here is YOUR chance to be in the 2007 LS1Tech Calendar

We are going to try something a bit different this year!!! Break out your camera's, mini skirts and clean up your rides because we are looking for the best picture! At this time we only have one spot available. Depending on the images we receive, we may have more open up Here's how to play:

The deadline for pictures is June 25th so you are running out of time!!! All vehicles must be equipped with a LS1/LSx motor.

All pictures submitted ideally should be 8.5 x 11 inches at 300dpi. This works out to a resolution of 3300 x 2550, or roughly 8.4 mega pixel. We encourage everyone to locate a camera with the highest resolution you can find. The absolute minimum image size we will accept is a FINISHED size of 2592 x 1944 (5 mega pixel). The other option is to use a high quality 35mm film camera, and have the images scanned at 300dpi or better. If image quality is not adequate, your picture will be immediately disqualified!

We will need to see ATLEAST 3 final images. These images can include the same background but must have different views of the car. We want to see as much of the car as possible. Do not hide the wheels, hood, or whichever areas that make your vehicle stand out the most. Pay attention to small details. Make sure that trees, light poles, power lines, and signs do not appear to be “growing out of the car.” Try to avoid them in your background if at all possible. Look for bright reflections or deep shadows that may detract from the scene. Choose the right time of day and weather conditions to shoot. All cameras react differently to different environments.

ALL PICTURES MUST INCLUDE A MODEL! Sorry, but if there isn't a cutie in your picture, your chances of making the cut are slim. We do not allow complete nudity but we ask that models wear somewhat revealing/flashy clothing. Acceptable items will include bikinis, dresses, short skirts, halter tops, club wear, lingerie, etc… Be creative! Pants are not allowed and will cause the picture to be disqualified! Harsh, I know... but they are my rules

Do not send old images! I want to see fresh pictures. If the pictures are posted on the internet, they will be disqualified immediately! With images of the required size, email is not usually an option. The best way to send the files is to put them on a disc and mail them to me. Please send the original pictures without any photo retouching.

If you are interested, please complete the pictures prior to the deadline. Once the pictures are done, pm me for the address.

Good luck and please remember DO NOT POST THE PICTURES!!!

Last edited by Zangel; 05-16-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this only open to the ls1 crowd? or can we fellow lt1's submit as well?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Fiery Features Director

I am sorry, the vehicle must be equipped with a LS1/LSx motor.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zangel

ALL PICTURES MUST INCLUDE A MODEL! Sorry, but if there isn't a cutie in your picture, your chances of making the cut are slim. We do not allow complete nudity but we ask that models wear somewhat revealing/flashy clothing. Acceptable items will include bikinis, dresses, short skirts, halter tops, club wear, lingerie, etc… Be creative! Pants are not allowed and will cause the picture to be disqualified! Harsh, I know... but they are my rules
I wanted to participate, until this part. And I have some nice pics of the hawk!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmmm... this is kinda lame, IMO.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:06 AM
12 Second Club

Easy part...... have a nice ride and finding a hot *** model to pose with my car.

Hard part...... convincing the wife that one of my girl friends will be posing on my car.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Second Club

^ I hear ya' !!! Too funny!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Fiery Features Director

Lame? Well, I thought I would give everyone a chance but I can always go back to the way that I did the calendar before. I was just trying to give everyone a shot because each year I get so many complaints about it not being fair. Can't please everyone

I guess I will just hand pick another person.... thanks anyways