Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Blackbird stripes installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Import Patrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackbird stripes installed!

The first was a complete pain in the a$$. But I was able to save it. Word to the wise, DO NOT INSTALL THEM IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT. They look white, but they are metallic silver.

Thanks torchd 02 ta, for helping me on this adventure!

I also, decided to put the decals on the side where I removed the factory badging. So I applied the decal straight to the car. Looked to plain otherwise.

I then finished polishing the center filler between the taillights
Old 05-26-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats funny, . . cuz i was jus about ready to take mine off, . . . . . one suggestion, . . i saw your red ta and was thinking, . . same ol silver decals nothing much to look at, (not saying that it doesn't look bad *** though) jus sayin that since you got the ceta mod done, .. . which looks kick *** i think your car would look tons better with black PONTIAC inlays, . . and black trans am overlays, and black blackbird stripes, . . and switch from the silver painted grilles to black, . . jus my suggestion, . . trust me the black on red look would kill!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome job man! I have a red ws6 and i just ordered the blackbird stripes in black though. i also got the rear fill in, in black. i love the ceta on red cars i cant wait to get mine done. my decals should be here any day...how long and how hard is it to get the stripes on?? looks great though. im not a big fan of the trans am on the door being done in a decal, but still looks great... cant beat a red ws6 trans am..
Old 05-26-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats exactly what i am going for, black on red...
Old 05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the blackbird stripes aren't hard to get on at all, . . i'd claybar it first, . . clean it off real real good, . . get a spray bottle of water and add a half a teaspoon of dishwashing detergent, . . . spray the area well, . very well, . .peel off the stripes and spray the back of that too (so it dont stick on itself), . . . apply the decal, don't worry about gettin it right the first try, . . since its lubricated, you could move it around some, . . once you got it down you might have to razor off some vinyl, . . i jus wrapped the rest over my hood, . . then smooth it out first with your thumb, makin sure you get all the water and bubbles out, . .then i like to use an ol credit card to ensure a good seal, . . then take pictures, . . . .
Old 05-26-2006, 07:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good, but black would have been better IMO
Old 05-26-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

too much black and too much silver it clashes too much sorry just my 0.02 though

Quick Reply: Blackbird stripes installed!