Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CETA Filler

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CETA Filler

Since so far noone has answered PMs, replied in threads to this Qs and the search isnt turning anything up.....

Does anyone know where I can buy a CETA Filler panel? I dont want to buy through a dealership cause Im sure their price is rediculous, I thought ATA had them but its not showing on there now, and I dont know of any other aftermarket company that would have one. So does anyone know where to find them?

Edit- used will be fine as long as its in great condition.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could polish yours up and get decals for it. That would be the cheapest route. Plus if you do it that way, you can replace the decal if it ever gets shitty on you. Otherwise, I have no clue where to get it aside from teh stealership
Old 06-04-2006, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

I dont want decals. Even if you put it on perfect, at least 2 corners wont have the right ammount of glue on them and theyll come up which looks like crap, not to mention allows for it to immediately start peeling more. Sry, im against decals on my car.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I may have one for sale in the next week or two, I'll let you know.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

I see them on ebay often. That is where i bought my 30th TA filler. The lettering and bird is also different than stock one.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
I dont want decals. Even if you put it on perfect, at least 2 corners wont have the right ammount of glue on them and theyll come up which looks like crap, not to mention allows for it to immediately start peeling more. Sry, im against decals on my car.

If you apply them correctly, you won't have any peeling for quite a long time. Just wipe the area with some rubbing alcohol first.

These aren't like cheap stickers where you have to hold on to the actual logo/name/emblem or whatever. They come sandwiched in wax paper so that you dont have to apply the actual decal. You only touch the sticky part of the wax paper and peel off the backing... you stick the whole thing to the car and smooth it out. Then peel back the sticky paper and it leaves the vinyl emblem.

Most vinyl besides chrome is rated at 3-5 years; reflective vinyls are usually rated for 5-7 years. Chrome is the exception as it is almost always rated for 1 year. I've had the same white reflective rear filler panel bird and print for over 4 years now and there is no peeling what so ever. I have had this same filler panel on two different cars; so, I guess you could say it outlasted one lol.

If you are dead set on an actual CETA filler panel you will probably have to pay for it from a dealership. Try ebay, but usually OEM special edition parts aren't readily available to aftermarket suppliers to keep everyone from cloning the special editions.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

try gmpartsdirect.com I gotta agree though, the decal route isn't that bad as long as you do it right
Old 06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm... someone in florida is selling 70 for 130 bucks a piece + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
Old 06-05-2006, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks Rolltide.

BLCKBRD- let me know if you have one for sale as Ill more than likely buy it.

The other problem with the decal is that I sold my stock perfect condition filler to a friend and took his temporarily till I get a new one. Something happened to his filler where there are all these white lines, like wood grain, on the back side that you cant get to. We cant even find out what caused them, but they are all over the panel. So I dont want to stick a decal on that one cause its ruined pretty much.

Oh, I got a price from a dealership today. $190!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Takin' a risk if buying from that seller, ..., Look at all the negatives & neutrals, ..., Wow, ...
Old 06-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Look around on the 'net. You can buy them from places that sell GM parts for $93-$100.00 plus shipping....
Old 06-12-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Takin' a risk if buying from that seller, ..., Look at all the negatives & neutrals, ..., Wow, ...
and look at the price!!!!

i buy my decals from some sponsor here thirdcircle or something like that

Quick Reply: CETA Filler