Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Immediate Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Immediate Help Needed

Okay, I am in a very very bad mood right now. I am so close to just crushing in someone's face. Someone attempted to steal my wheels off of my SS today sometime while I had it parked at a friend's house. I was with him all day helping him with his college stuff in downtown Atlanta (on my last day of summer vacation might I add). So while we were doing that, someone jacked my car up on that little panel thing right in front of the doors that connects the front quarter panels to the rest of the car. Now I can no longer open my doors to get in my car. The doors now open barely (maybe an inch) and hit the quarter panel preventing access to my car. I am guessing they discovered I have locking lug nuts, and just put my car back down and left. I know y'all are probably wondering how I know all this, but it is obvious since that "panel" thing they lifted the car with is bent and I know better to not use that as a jack location.

What I need to know is, how in the hell do I fix this?

I guess the only "good" news that I have out of this, is that I still have my wheels.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the bolts off that piece. Then get a piece of wood and a rubber mallet. You should then be able to knock it into place.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Take the bolts off that piece. Then get a piece of wood and a rubber mallet. You should then be able to knock it into place.
I don't see how that would help at all. The quarter panel is meeting with the driver's side door when it is closed already.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would take the fender off and go from there.. sorry i cant help out anymore... i hate how dickbags would attempt to steal someones stuff..... i had over $500 worth of tools stolen out of my old camaro in the mall parking lot ( i just got done hooking up some plumbing fixtures for my mom earlier that day).. its ashame how you try and do something nice and work hard for your stuff and scum will take it without thinking twice.. my advice to everybody is to leave nothing in visible sight of theives.. but for wheels there isnt anything you can do..
Old 08-09-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by presto_z
i would take the fender off and go from there.. sorry i cant help out anymore... i hate how dickbags would attempt to steal someones stuff..... i had over $500 worth of tools stolen out of my old camaro in the mall parking lot ( i just got done hooking up some plumbing fixtures for my mom earlier that day).. its ashame how you try and do something nice and work hard for your stuff and scum will take it without thinking twice.. my advice to everybody is to leave nothing in visible sight of theives.. but for wheels there isnt anything you can do..
Yeah...I'm pretty close to just buying a total piece of **** to drive every day and only bring out the SS once in a while (it's my daily driver right now). It just pisses me off so bad that I have worked so hard to get this car, and then someone just dicks around with it because they are some low-life piece of ****. Any suggestions on a total piece of junk to drive around all the time?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Launching!

happened to me but the car fell off the jack..

take the bolt out from under the fender and then pry the fender back out. it will scratch it. so cover the area with tape. i then just zip tied my fender it still have dents but it looks better then before.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

You are talking about the lower rocker panel right below the doors?
That is what it sounds like, Honestly, I think you have to replace that now.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Yeah...I'm pretty close to just buying a total piece of **** to drive every day and only bring out the SS once in a while (it's my daily driver right now). It just pisses me off so bad that I have worked so hard to get this car, and then someone just dicks around with it because they are some low-life piece of ****. Any suggestions on a total piece of junk to drive around all the time?
I drive a 94 ford ranger as a DD. Good gas mileage easy to work on and cheap parts that are readily available at autozone I paid $3500 for it about a year ago. Sorry to hear about your car. I have seen your car in person its very clean and nice. It sucks that people would try to do that in daylight I assume
Old 08-10-2006, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

loosen the bolts on the two pieces. i used a pair of vice grips and pliers and bent it back into the original postion, post pics and maybe itll be easier to understand.

easy fix, this happens a lot when shops dont know how to properly lift a car onto the rack. seen it a lot
Old 08-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
I drive a 94 ford ranger as a DD. Good gas mileage easy to work on and cheap parts that are readily available at autozone I paid $3500 for it about a year ago.
i also bought a 94 ranger for my DD. except i bought it from my dad for $1500 bucks
Old 08-10-2006, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its an import, but a honda civic will get u crazy good gas mileage, and they are cheap as hell, and there is no real maintnence. Those cars are good for atleast 150,000. Or get like a 4 cly, 5 speed, dodge neon. Little compact cars are fun to drive and get great gas mileage. Cavalier, etc. So, just some opinions. Sucks that happened to your car. I hate parking mine anywehre but the driveway.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

i have a saturn sc1 for a dd great on gas its for sale sorry bout ur car i had my rims f with at my tech school i went to leave and i felt a nasty clunk got out and saw the wheel kicked out and the rotor sitting in the botom of the wheel sry once again pm if ur interested

Quick Reply: Immediate Help Needed