Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

RK Sport CF Grill Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default RK Sport CF Grill Question

On the RK Sport site it says that the grill has the rksport logo on it. In one picture you can see it. In the front on shot it appears to not have the logo. Can someone clarify to me if it does or does not have it on there. I like the idea of the grill, but i don't want it to say RK Sport on the front of my car.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

I believe there are two versions of it.. one with and one without..might give them a ring just to make sure.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

There are 2 versions. You have to specify if you want the one without the logo. That's the one I got and I love it. Some have bashed RKSport's carbon fiber with good reason. They turned out a batch of interior overlays awhile back that the resin turned yellowish/green after time. Not exactly their fault as the items were fabricated overseas and to their credit they stopped carrying those items. However, their carbon fiber grilles are apparently done elsewhere and they are flawless. Top quality finish and fit and the weave is not distorted at all.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 08-23-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by parbreak
There are 2 versions. You have to specify if you want the one without the logo. That's the one I got and I love it. Some have bashed RKSport's carbon fiber with good reason. They turned out a batch of interior overlays awhile back that the resin turned yellowish/green after time. Not exactly their fault as the items were fabricated overseas and to their credit they stopped carrying those items. However, their carbon fiber grilles are apparently done elsewhere and they are flawless. Top quality finish and fit and the weave is not distorted at all.

Thanks
Bryan
Their Carbon Fiber Emblems lasted me a good 2 years before the sun took its tool on the coating..I ended up removing them. I imagine the sun did the same to the interior pieces. Theres no escaping the effects of the sun on outer coating with most carbon fiber products.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
Their Carbon Fiber Emblems lasted me a good 2 years before the sun took its tool on the coating..I ended up removing them. I imagine the sun did the same to the interior pieces. Theres no escaping the effects of the sun on outer coating with most carbon fiber products.
There are actually quite a few resins that have built in UV protection just like clearcoat. Apparently they weren't using them at that time.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

There are actually quite a few resins that have built in UV protection just like clearcoat. Apparently they weren't using them at that time.
haha I bought mine WAYYYY back... How does their front grille attach..is it like there fiberglass one that bolts to the side?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1MONSTER
haha I bought mine WAYYYY back... How does their front grille attach..is it like there fiberglass one that bolts to the side?
Yep, just your basci push pin install. Had mine in in about 10-15 minutes with another person just holding in place while I drilled the holes.

Bryan
Old 08-23-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, just your basci push pin install. Had mine in in about 10-15 minutes with another person just holding in place while I drilled the holes.

Bryan
Do you have any pictures of it on your car?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Not the best pics, but hopefully gives you an idea. I've gone with a retro/modern theme on my cars which basically means a mix of retro touches with modern materials, hence the 1st gen emblems on modern carbon fiber. Little touches like that throughout the car.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 08-23-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Looks good man!...Very clean.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

So it doesn't go into the stock holes on the bumper? If it does...where can you get the retaining clips that the stock one used. I lost mine.