Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to Install TA Guage Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Install TA Guage Bezel

I've looked all over place can't fid the instructions, anyone have a link w/pictures (yeah I know that amature like)?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

get the TA guage bezel/lense, unsnap your lense, snap the TA one in place. done
Old 10-29-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you know how to remove the cluster?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

I'm real embarassed to say, but I had to dremel the lense of the guage housing to get to the bezel. Boy what a mess, finally got the stainless bezel inplace and tried the best I could to get the lense back (pretty cut up on the edges) and got everything in place it actually came out pretty decent. The dash panel with the hood over the instruments actually covered all the screw up cutting the lense. Boy did I feel like a real ***, thank God for cover up.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WTF man? So you dremeled out the lens? Did you remove the cluster or leave it in there? I'm not quite sure what you did but w/e haha. You know four screws would have removed the cluster and then four tabs would have removed the lens? Oh well, too late now. Post some pics!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokn Red
I'm real embarassed to say, but I had to dremel the lense of the guage housing to get to the bezel. Boy what a mess, finally got the stainless bezel inplace and tried the best I could to get the lense back (pretty cut up on the edges) and got everything in place it actually came out pretty decent. The dash panel with the hood over the instruments actually covered all the screw up cutting the lense. Boy did I feel like a real ***, thank God for cover up.
I'm assuming you did NOT buy just a factory T/A Bezel to stick in (if you did 2 7mm screws would take the trim off, 4 7mm screws would pull the cluster out and then the lens would pop out and the new one would pop on)... I assume you bought this:

To put INSIDE of a T/A Bezel and then install, which I know is a PITA and has to be dremel'd as well...

Which is what I did here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=bezel

Is that what you did?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

only takes a few minutes, just take the 2 tops screws out, then remove that plastic piece, then take out 4 screw to remove the bezel
Old 10-30-2006, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Demon,

that's the saem bezel and I got all they way thru as instructed, 4 bolts, four tabs and pulled the whol cluster/insturment assembly. But I thought the same the lens should pop off, but oh no Iwon the luck price of being glued lik a ****** and couldn't get it to budge. If I would've pushed it more would've either snap the lense or caused a major crack. Believe me I tried my damnest and I was almost in tears looking at. But as I said if the dash panel is not taken off and I don't say anthing to anyone it won't be notices. But you know you're your worst critic.

But, lesson learned as they say and luckily I was able to cover it up about 90%.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rokn Red
Demon,

that's the saem bezel and I got all they way thru as instructed, 4 bolts, four tabs and pulled the whol cluster/insturment assembly. But I thought the same the lens should pop off, but oh no Iwon the luck price of being glued lik a ****** and couldn't get it to budge. If I would've pushed it more would've either snap the lense or caused a major crack. Believe me I tried my damnest and I was almost in tears looking at. But as I said if the dash panel is not taken off and I don't say anthing to anyone it won't be notices. But you know you're your worst critic.

But, lesson learned as they say and luckily I was able to cover it up about 90%.
You are correct about the lens but it's on ALL cars (or all T/A Bezels) that then lens and the plastic gauge outline piece are ONE PIECE making it IMPOSSIBLE to put the overlay on without hacking it up...

Took me a day of staring at it to figure out the best (aka least noticeable) way of hacking it up...

Quick Reply: How to Install TA Guage Bezel