Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

F#*king Aholes - found lit cigarette on my hood!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F#*king Aholes - found lit cigarette on my hood!

Met my wife for dinner last nite after work. Parked my car away from everyone as usual, but also took 2 spots, but still far away from everyone. Came out and found someone had thrown half of a lit cigarette on my hood. Scorched about a 1 in spot. This after getting egged Saturday nite while staying at a friends for the Road Atlanta thing. Egg shell went thru to metal where it hit !

Will I be able to get the scorch out of my hood? I have a wedding today and will not be able to get to it until tomorrow. I have all the pc stuff. Please tell me it will come out and the best way to do it!!

BTW - when I got back from Atlanta, my wife made it clear how much she hates the TA - worse than if I had a girlfriend. This might be my third strike. She says she would rather me have a vette then spend all my time trying to make mine a vette. Time to start looking for a ZO6
Old 12-09-2006, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Scorch is probably burnt clearcoat. If you can feel the texture, it is probably ruined.

Your Wife sounds sharp, wanting a Corvette over a T/A isn't a bad thing you know, lol.

DO NOT take up two spaces. There are a lot of ******** that will purposely do **** to your car if you park like that, even if you are a mile from the store entrance. Park normally, but park away from other cars.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune...I agree with Tony though. Park away from people, but don't make a spectacle of it (like parking crooked or taking up multiple spots). This world is filled with *** holes that like to ruin a person's day...and you make an easy target.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

How many enemies do you have ? lol
Old 12-09-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Agreed - no more 2 space parking. It is like saying "I think I am special and you are not!" They are still aholes

I have so much sweat equity in this car, I can't imagine getting rid of her. She saved my butt at least 3 times this past weekend at Road Atlanta. At least I could try to find a nice home for her! And it will take a while to sell. I think I will put it up for sale, ask something rediculous and buy me some time.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Scorch is probably burnt clearcoat. If you can feel the texture, it is probably ruined.

Your Wife sounds sharp, wanting a Corvette over a T/A isn't a bad thing you know, lol.
He's right on both accounts, rule of thumb is if you can feel the damaged spot then it goes through to the paint, if you can't it is most likely isolated in the clear coat. Getting a vette sounds like a good thing not a bad thing, good luck and sorry to hear what happened.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

sorry man that sucks just thinkin about it makes me want to .....this world is full of jealous Aholes. half the time it doesnt matter where you park, but yeah i agree if you take up a couple parking spots your just begging for something.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WADDISME
Agreed - no more 2 space parking. It is like saying "I think I am special and you are not!" They are still aholes

I have so much sweat equity in this car, I can't imagine getting rid of her. She saved my butt at least 3 times this past weekend at Road Atlanta. At least I could try to find a nice home for her! And it will take a while to sell. I think I will put it up for sale, ask something rediculous and buy me some time.
Sweat equity is right...I have more time than money tied up in mine, and there's a fair amount of money in there I can't imagine the day I'll eventually have to part with it...I really don't want to though.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Taking up 2 spots is asking for it man, come on.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I always take up two spots, never had a problem.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks, man! Problem with taking up two spots is this: While F-Bodies are nice cars, they're just F-Bodies... not a Ferrari, Maserati, etc.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

But it is not like I was close to anyone - I am talking a fair walking distance to the restaurant. But it could have been someone going to stores on the other side of the parking lot, who knows and it doesn't really matter now.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:30 PM

It sucks.. the last time I took up 2 spots, someone threw potting soil down the SS scoop.... guess they thought they were doing something?
Old 12-09-2006, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Taking 2 spots just pisses people off, it pisses me off and I even understand why people do it. What I usually do is park as close as I can to the curb in a parking lot, that way even if someone does park next to me they pretty much have to be on the line on the other side of my car to even think about opening their door into my car.

Originally Posted by UAZ28SS
That sucks, man! Problem with taking up two spots is this: While F-Bodies are nice cars, they're just F-Bodies... not a Ferrari, Maserati, etc.
Agreed!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Its not the way you parked that makes people do that. Its the fact that you have something nice and they don't so therefore they must destroy it.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

only thing I dont understand... is if you are parked so far from everyone... why take up 2 spots? I park far away but taking up 2 spots is just a no no....
Old 12-09-2006, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Two spots is also a bad idea because insurance wont cover it if your car is hit while parked there. I had a freind have that happen to him.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Veteran

^^thats hella dumb, just tell insurance you cant park for ****, lol
Old 12-09-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Actually in NC, if you hit a parked car, no matter how it is parked, it is your fault. I was at a funeral one time, and parked on 1/2 sidewalk and 1/2 thru lane and a lady hit me. Cop gave her a ticket. She tried to say that I wasn't in a defined parking space, he told her it didn't matter. She hit a parked car.

As for me, no more 2-space parking.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

I know how you feel man. I was in Ocean City for Cruisin' Week and I parked my car on one of side streets and I came back and found somebody had SPIT on my hood, and left it there to bake in the sun. I was PISSED!!

Quick Reply: F#*king Aholes - found lit cigarette on my hood!