Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front And Back "Blackouts"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front And Back "Blackouts"?

I want to get some from fog/running light and taillight black outs for my car that i can take on and off. i wanted to see what the best brand and best place to order from are? i dont want the velcro crap, the kind that snap on and off. anyone got any info?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

type in ws6 blackout in ebay, .. im pretty sure they are the only ones out there that make blackouts for the front, . im not sure about the tail lights, . i think they all use velcro unless you use VHT Niteshade, . . i'd recommend blacking out your side markers too
Old 12-28-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

For the taillights: AutoVentShade TailShade Blackouts for the 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Part #33041
Available from most local parts stores, ..., for about $38-48 bucks, ..., & yes they simply 'snap on', no velcro.

Most people are now using the VHT Niteshades paint approach, as they think the covers are too "1980-ish". But they would be removable, ..., where the VHT Niteshades is a permanent thing.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
For the taillights: AutoVentShade TailShade Blackouts for the 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Part #33041
Available from most local parts stores, ..., for about $38-48 bucks, ..., & yes they simply 'snap on', no velcro.

Have you heard if these blackouts melt at all? I'm looking into getting them for my taillights and I would like to be able to pull them off if I ever need to.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The melting of the taillights has to do with the Camaro application.
No record of it ever happening on the Firebird application.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have my fog lights and my turn signals blacked out. i found them on ebay for $40 shipped about 2 1/2 years ago. you slide them in at an angle and then push against the bottom and when they stand up they simply pop into place. True story here; a week later i got hit by a drunk cheerleader. The front of my car was ripped off. me and my buddy went into traffic to get the debris because here in Ca if you dont clear your own reckage theyll give you a ticket, F***ed up huh? lol anyway, i found all four peices and picked them up and put them in the glove compartment. it went to the shop yada yada 2 months later i pick up my car. a week later i get into the glove and find the blackout which i had forgot about. jumped outside and after all that they popped back onto the lights exactly like they did the first day i got em!! lol i will swear by this product if only i knew who made them lol. when i got them the instructions said to build a small layer of wax on them to prevent scratching and i wish i had because after being run over for an hours they did get scratched but still good enough to use. i just found them under trans am blackout kit and it said something like " trans am front blackout kit"
Old 12-29-2006, 03:59 AM
TECH Resident

I had heard that the snap on ones will distort your actual TA tail lights around the area where the actual "snaps" are due to the heat build up.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

those blackouts look really good on your car