Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ws6 TA Bra

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ws6 TA Bra

Does anybody have a bra on their ws6 TA? I tried searching but couldn't find anything. I know lebra makes one but I don't know if it's for the ws6. I need the bra for a road trip I'm taking so I'm not looking to spend much on one. Just trying to find somebody that has put a bra on their TA to see how it fit, or if it scratched the paint, and if any modifications were made to get it on.
thanks in advance,
John
Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

not sure, your only using it for a road trip? i was gonna say those things are generally not good for a dd...

i remmeber there being a guy on ebay that sold something like "clear bra's", which were basically pre-cut adhesive clear plastic of some sort that you owuld put on your front bumper, head lights and w/e else and it was supposed to protect your paint. not sure if it was any good.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the colgan bra from http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/colcuspontra.html
This is for my 2002 transam firehawk, looks like the Colgan would fit your car.
I have no complaints about them, can or could they scratch your paint, yes. Just don't buy a cheap one and make sure it's a tight fit and take it off regulary and clean it as well as the front of your car. I have posted and seen the damage a cheap non fitting one does to your car. My son had one My car is a daily driver also, and the first time I used mine on a summer trip it protected my front when my car was hit by a piece of wood. There is also this that some of the guy's have and seems to be liked by those who have it.
This might not be exact but should give you an idea.
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/garagesale.html
Old 03-02-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

After searching colgan it seems like they are the best bet. Does anybody have any pics of this on a ws6, its not clear if it comes with a special piece for the ws6 hood.
thanks again
Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe someone will chime in, but the bra doesn't come up to your hood anyway. Meaning it will come up to the bottom of the hood, look at this picture. I do not have the carbon fiber one.
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/picture42.html
Then these pictures should show that I don't think your hood would matter.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143598/4
Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

if you wanna go somewhat the other way, i have a 3M clear coat bra on my ta which is just the clear plastic protective pieces, i only have 2 rock chips, 1 being below the plastic level, I might get the material to do on my camaro to avoid getting bruised! Good product, nto too sure where to get it from, mine was done AT the dealership the car was sold from by the orig. owner. but apparently good detail shops should carry it
Old 03-03-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
Maybe someone will chime in, but the bra doesn't come up to your hood anyway. Meaning it will come up to the bottom of the hood, look at this picture. I do not have the carbon fiber one.
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/picture42.html
Then these pictures should show that I don't think your hood would matter.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143598/4
Thanks for the pics I guess it wouldn't matter to have the WS6 hood covered since it's just edges anyway no real flat surface. Looks like that bra is a nice and tight fit, I think i'm definitely going with the colgan.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i seen a bra on a Yellow WS6 one time...didn't look good at all...and if i remember correctly it did cover the nostils
Old 03-03-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

bras are for chicks, not cars
Old 03-03-2007, 04:49 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Are your headlights sagging?
Old 03-03-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01pewterbird
Thanks for the pics I guess it wouldn't matter to have the WS6 hood covered since it's just edges anyway no real flat surface. Looks like that bra is a nice and tight fit, I think i'm definitely going with the colgan.
You're welcome, but just to be safe, just call and make sure. You will like the Bra from them. I had a 2002 transam that I just sold a few months ago and it was a daily driven car on interstate 95, 100 mile round trip. It had the chips and they were not just from trucks, as people think. I like the Bra off, but it protects.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MjMaro
bras are for chicks, not cars
Well I happen to like my paint without rock chips.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

Well I wound up going with a colgan, got it at half price including shipping off ebay
Old 03-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

I had one on my WS6 when I bought it and didn't like it. My car is white and it fadded it out a little bit.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Racinbabycakes
I had one on my WS6 when I bought it and didn't like it. My car is white and it fadded it out a little bit.
Yeah i'm not too fond of the look either, I just want to protect it on long hauls. My friend has the same issue as you, got his 3rd gen painted bright red(almost orange). Well he put a bra on it right after it got painted and after about a year he took it off and noticed the paint was a lot lighter under the bra, so the sun must have darkened the rest of the paint while the nose was covered.

Quick Reply: ws6 TA Bra