Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got sideswiped today :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got sideswiped today :(

Well today this dumbass bitch switched lanes into me without looking and here are the pics

Do you guys think this is easily repairable? How long do you think my car would need to be in a shop for? Her insurance is paying for everything

I need the door repainted and the dent from the rear quarter panel removed.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

it might be.. i would assume a new door is needed. I'm not sure SMC is repairable but i'm probably wrong. I wouldn't worry too much about it if her insurance is paying for it. To answer your second question: i would say no more than 2 or 3 days if they can repair it and they take their time.

OFF TOPIC: was your sig taken at pine island?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn that sucks, I think she damaged your V8, gonna need a new one
Old 03-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Banned

Looks like the door skin will have to be replaced. I'm sure that's not cheap, but hey, atleast she had insurance and they are paying for it!
Old 03-16-2007, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mistacamawo
damn that sucks, I think she damaged your V8, gonna need a new one
Agreed!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

that does suck really bad, good luck with the door bud
Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Junkie

well that fuggin sucks eh' , ive had that same damn thing happen to me. Some people just cant drive
Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

dude that blows! specially since its a little dent in the rear quarter panel... they still have to cut and weld everything...
It will definitely be in for more than 3 days. I have damage to my rear qtr panel too and its will be in there for a week +

wont be cheap tho.. but who cares, ur not paying
Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Quote was for $1,288. New door is needed.

Yeah id love to say that..."unfortunately my LS1 was damaged and i had to settle in a 3.8 for the time being so i want an LS1 replacement"

EDIT: Yes they were taken in pine island. Howd you know that?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
Quote was for $1,288. New door is needed.

Yeah id love to say that..."unfortunately my LS1 was damaged and i had to settle in a 3.8 for the time being so i want an LS1 replacement"

EDIT: Yes they were taken in pine island. Howd you know that?
lol just a wild guess, my dad used to live in spring hill and i go to pine island all the time
Old 03-16-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy
lol just a wild guess, my dad used to live in spring hill and i go to pine island all the time
Sweet! Yeah pine island is fun

Beautiful car u got there! Jealous of your V8 POWER As i am with 90% of the people on here
Old 03-16-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
Sweet! Yeah pine island is fun

Beautiful car u got there! Jealous of your V8 POWER As i am with 90% of the people on here
thanks, your car sounds awesome btw
Old 03-16-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no big deal having a V6. I had a '00 V6 Camaro for a few years during my senior year and a couple after high school. Good lookin' car the way i had it and it turned heads Good luck with the fix. They can fix that rear 1/4 without much work but it'll have to be painted. and then if the paint doesn't match they'll have to paint into the front 1/4 too to blend.
My V6 VVV just to show there is nothing wrong with a 3800.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stupidly easy fix. you just need a new dorrskin and a few touch up spots on the paint
Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy
thanks, your car sounds awesome btw
Thanks! It sounds ever better when driving. I really need to get a video of that. But to have someone with a V8 saying my exhaust sounds awesome with a V6 means a lot to me! Thanks

Yeah i love my V6. Its a great looking car and i still get stares and compliments almost daily. One time i got "nice camaro"

That v6 camaro is very sexy. Was that door repainted or is it just the camera? I really hope that doesnt happen to me if that was infact repainted U still got it or did u get rid of it for the El Es Juan?

Last edited by tmc2k1; 03-16-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

the car was wrecked when i got it. Crushed BOTH back 1/4's and the passenger's door was trashed. to yeahs it's been painted You could only tell it was painted in the right angle and light. The drivers side, only the rear 1/4 was painted. The front bumper was also painted as somebody keyed it but you can't tell because of the angle. Metallic paint is hard to paint. Red can be too but you will probably have better luck then i did. When i bought it in '02 it was only 2 years old and had 22k miles. I sold it in LATE '04 with 50k and a salvage title and got $7,800 for it i thought it was a good deal. The kid that bought it still has it and LOVES it. I bought an LT1(kinda stepped back, years wise) but i LOVE my V8. If you get the car back from paint and it doesn't match right just tell them and have them blend into the front fender. you won't even be able to tell it was wrecked. trust me. They SHOULD blend anyway if they know better. I should have done that to my V6 but i just never got around to getting it done. Anyway, good luck with the fix. ~cole~
Old 03-16-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

the sadder part is when I bought it i paid $2,200 for it Brought it back from the dead(my dad does body work so he helped) and had like $4,500 in it total including purchase price. When we painted it the paint matched PERFECT indoors. i mean you couldn't tell it at all then when it went outside you could see it The other funny thing is, the day i was gonna make it NOT for sale the lady was standing in the driveway by it. She looked at it, drove it, and was VERY impressed by how clean it was. I BABIED that thing. They came back the next day with a check. Their son had JUST totalled a 99 V6 Mustang and liked the Camaro WAY better. His older brother had a LS1 T/A and said he was surprised by how quick the 6 was. I hit a best of 14.1 with it. I had stock 3.42's, hypertech, Dynomax catback, intake. factory freak is what that thing was.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
the car was wrecked when i got it. Crushed BOTH back 1/4's and the passenger's door was trashed. to yeahs it's been painted You could only tell it was painted in the right angle and light. The drivers side, only the rear 1/4 was painted. The front bumper was also painted as somebody keyed it but you can't tell because of the angle. Metallic paint is hard to paint. Red can be too but you will probably have better luck then i did. When i bought it in '02 it was only 2 years old and had 22k miles. I sold it in LATE '04 with 50k and a salvage title and got $7,800 for it i thought it was a good deal. The kid that bought it still has it and LOVES it. I bought an LT1(kinda stepped back, years wise) but i LOVE my V8. If you get the car back from paint and it doesn't match right just tell them and have them blend into the front fender. you won't even be able to tell it was wrecked. trust me. They SHOULD blend anyway if they know better. I should have done that to my V6 but i just never got around to getting it done. Anyway, good luck with the fix. ~cole~
when i got the quote he said it was high because he IS going to blend all the paint from the rear qp and the door. So hopefully all is well

But your camaro is sexy. I think the 93-97 camaro's are a little sexier than the 98-02's And that hood looks GREAT on your car
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
the sadder part is when I bought it i paid $2,200 for it Brought it back from the dead(my dad does body work so he helped) and had like $4,500 in it total including purchase price. When we painted it the paint matched PERFECT indoors. i mean you couldn't tell it at all then when it went outside you could see it The other funny thing is, the day i was gonna make it NOT for sale the lady was standing in the driveway by it. She looked at it, drove it, and was VERY impressed by how clean it was. I BABIED that thing. They came back the next day with a check. Their son had JUST totalled a 99 V6 Mustang and liked the Camaro WAY better. His older brother had a LS1 T/A and said he was surprised by how quick the 6 was. I hit a best of 14.1 with it. I had stock 3.42's, hypertech, Dynomax catback, intake. factory freak is what that thing was.
DAMN!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i about **** myself when i got the time slip i usually surprised people with it.lol I had one of my g/f's go down the road and hammer it coming at me and it grumbled like a V8 at WOT if you aren't behind it. Sounded REALLY good i missed it for a year or so until i picked up my NEW baby V V V V V

Quick Reply: Got sideswiped today :(