Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front License Plate Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate Advice?

In my ongoing modifications to my car I'm working a little bit on some appearence. First off I'm ditching the factory GFX's and lowering the car, tinting the windows, calipers painted etc.

I'm also going to buy a new Grille (probably ebay as it's cheap) but in SD we are required to run a front license plate, I've taken mine off periodically and been pulled over a few times for it so once I replace the grill I wanna try to find a way that the Front LP doesn't look so stupid (everyone knows maros look better without). I was thinking just finding some way of zip tieing it on or something along those lines, and I am aware of the relocation kit SLP Makes but just not sure how it looks?

If anyone could shoot me some advice or some pictures of there setup I would really appreciate it, gotta find something so I can run a nice looking grille .
Old 03-31-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put it on the air dam on top of the dash.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've actually done that before as well but I was still pulled over and told it had to be mounted on the front of the car, leave it to SD highpo's, doesn't help being 19 in a small town driving a fairly loud Black Z28 lol. Good suggestion though
Old 03-31-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the SLP front bracket. I dont like it, It doesnt look good, but it gets the job done.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It actually looks ok, I don't really like the look either but I would rather run the bracket I think then have to mount it on the grille unless I can come up with some way to easily mount it where it doesn't look too bad, it's just going to be a typical billet.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why not just MOVE?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I should huh, SD pretty much sucks anyway, but I don't have much choice it's too expensive to go to school out of state lol
Old 03-31-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got a billet grille and was ticketed for no front plate so I put it on with some zip ties. It doesn't look half bad being flush with the grille, but it looks way better without the plate. I'll try to get pics to show you. Plus, I can always just cut the zip ties and replace them if I need to.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, you can't just throw the plate on the dash. A lot of troopers in my area are citing people with no front plate on their cars. They say they warn and warn and warn them about it, and the car owners do nothing to correct it.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackBADaSS02
I have the SLP front bracket. I dont like it, It doesnt look good, but it gets the job done.
i made a similair bracket for my car so i can get it inspected but i NEVER drive around w/ it on, when i go for a sticker il mount it up at their shop, this way the police have never and will never see a front plate on my car so they wont bust my chops about it ive gotten friendly warnings about no front plate before but as far as they know i cant mount one on so the really dont bother me about it, going on 3years now w/ no front plate and no troubles
Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

I've posted this in the TX SECTION...

I used these small plastic squares off of the stock license plate bracket...

...and JB WELD'd them on my billet grille. After the JB dried, I painted them with black touch-up paint to match the rest of the grille.

Then I just bent the LP down the middle to the correct angle and installed it.

Now I can take my LP off whenever I want to and I don't have to worry about an additional bracket, and you don't even notice those plastic squares.

Tip: place a a soft water resistant material behind the license plate before you mount it so that the lp doesn't scracth your grille.

INSTALL PICs

Old 04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

None. Leave it off. I've been pulled over 3 times for it in the last 6 years. I told them its ugly with it on and ruins the looks of the car. VA sucks for the front plate...pretty **** about it. By the end of the summer of before though I wont have to worry about it since we're moving

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Advice?