Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My new HARNESS BAR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new HARNESS BAR!!!

I just got a new harness bar from a member, and here are the before and afters....

I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it lol....Now all I need to do is cover up the holes that are left by where they used to bolt in and I also need a rear seat delete kit.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

did he make that or buy it? looks good!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Looks awesome. How much was it?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think it's an LG Motorsports G2 (??? on the model) harness bar. He said it was just sitting around and never even put it in his car. Only 1 paint chip that's not even 1 in long and is about 1-2mm thick. The guy's name was MissMyGN. He's from Canada, but goes to Buffalo often, so he toted it with him to ship when he got there. It was $100 plus shipping, and the shipping was supposed to be $45. I paid him $145 for it. Shipping came out to be $70, but he said that was fine since he wasn't even using it. It was posted up about 4 or 5 months ago in the F/S section and nobody ever took it b/c of the shipping. Oh well, I don't think I could have got one that quality for that low price anywhere else.

Moral of the story....check the F/S section frequently. I must have seen 20 posts for harness bars in the wanted section, but I got this one after it had been up for quite a while.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

+1 on checking the FS section. Ive got some great buys. Bar looks great. wish I saw that.BTW which seats are those?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sparco Monza's. Don't see them on the sparco site anymore. I wouldn't trade them for the world. I know all sparco seats are hella expensive, but they're well worth the $ imo.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

got any pictures of the rest of your car? looks like a cherry ride
Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

There's paint swirling in a few places and it's a new neighborhood, so the construction has made my front bumper cover chip all over the place. Nothing I can do. Just gonna wait till all the houses go up and then get a metallic black job.
My only mods/extras are: Removed logos from taillight panel, Black C6 Motorsports, BFG T/A KDW2's, the harness bar you see, the Sparco Monza seats, and I'm going to 2-tone the interior panels this weekend. Damn, that's a lot more than I realized. HAHA.
I'll post a couple pics though. These are all just point and shoots. A photoshoot would be a waste of time imo b/c of the chipping/swirling.
Those are just dew spots you see...before pic first

After wheels and tires

Sparco Monzas from the front
Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I want that harness bar. Good find
Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of a harness bar? maybe for road racing? i know for nhra you dont need a harness until you need a rollbar, so that would make a harness bar useless...
Old 05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hawk232
excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of a harness bar? maybe for road racing? i know for nhra you dont need a harness until you need a rollbar, so that would make a harness bar useless...
It's not an ignorant question. It has different purposes for different peeps. For me, the main reason was looks. I really hated how trashy my interior looked with my belts bolting into the floor. Once I get a rear seat delete kit in there to go with the bar, it will clean up the look. The harness bar itself cleans it up IMO. Also, bolting into the floor isn't "unsafe", but any less of an angle (on the floor closer to the seat) and it's considered very unsafe by the seat and harness manufacturers I've seen (sparco especially). Supposedly increasing the angle makes it safer.

Cliff notes: dress up interior, make it safer.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

someone needs to start making a harness bar again. Seem like a lot of people including me wants them.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good man
Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
It's not an ignorant question. It has different purposes for different peeps. For me, the main reason was looks. I really hated how trashy my interior looked with my belts bolting into the floor. Once I get a rear seat delete kit in there to go with the bar, it will clean up the look. The harness bar itself cleans it up IMO. Also, bolting into the floor isn't "unsafe", but any less of an angle (on the floor closer to the seat) and it's considered very unsafe by the seat and harness manufacturers I've seen (sparco especially). Supposedly increasing the angle makes it safer.

Cliff notes: dress up interior, make it safer.
thanks for the clarification!! next question: what is the purpose of having a harness in a car without a rollbar?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the clarification!! next question: what is the purpose of having a harness in a car without a rollbar?
I couldn't use the stock seatbelts b/c there's a little D-ring looking thing on the stock seats. Without it, the stocker belt would slice your neck in a wreck . You can drill into the seats and put it on there, but my seats cost way too much and look way too nice to do that.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice and good deal. I just looked it up and it looks like it sells for around $250 new.

I'll probably buy one, it would work great for attaching my video camara to.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Launching!

I would love to find one that is removable and I can leave the rear seat in, for a video camera
Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Looks like yours is the one from LG Motorsports. I've had mine since 2000 from a guy on the East coast.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
Very nice and good deal. I just looked it up and it looks like it sells for around $250 new.

I'll probably buy one, it would work great for attaching my video camara to.

Where did you find it at? I searched their site and couldn't find it.

Nice! Looks like yours is the one from LG Motorsports. I've had mine since 2000 from a guy on the East coast.

And does the guy who made yours still make them?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

yea any information?