Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

is it me or did GM purposely leave f-bodies plain to cut costs & to allow us to cust

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it me or did GM purposely leave f-bodies plain to cut costs & to allow us to cust

is it me or did gm purposely leave f-bodies plain to cut costs and to allow us to customize? by plain i mean, look at our trans am lettering on the doors, its the same color as our cars, and look at the rear pontiac lettering, its the same color as the car, and unlike other cars on the streets our car were never made with decals like " 5.7, ls1, v8 or etc." why is that? to cut costs? allow for owner customization? is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The colored lettering on the door I think is a styling thing, but I also don't think that a badge with a liter number on it was as prominent as they are now, I mean even jeeps have them. If you go back and look at some of the cars that have that badging now and compare them to their 10 year old counterparts they aren't going to be as badged up.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vipert/a
is it me or did gm purposely leave f-bodies plain to cut costs and to allow us to customize? by plain i mean, look at our trans am lettering on the doors, its the same color as our cars, and look at the rear pontiac lettering, its the same color as the car, and unlike other cars on the streets our car were never made with decals like " 5.7, ls1, v8 or etc." why is that? to cut costs? allow for owner customization? is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way?
Its just you
Old 05-06-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL !!! well i can tell you one thing they got cheap on is there sail panels and the glue they put them on with.......everyone that has the problem knows what im talking about...
Old 05-06-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

our cars are cheap period. they really cheaped out on the interior and the way they put the car together/ the only good thing they did was the M6 tranny and LT/LS1 motors and even those have some cheaper pieces...cough cough cough rod bolts
Old 05-06-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

for the price of them new I think they were good overall in all categories.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Launching!

all money on the motor huh? what about mustangs?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tainted
our cars are cheap period. they really cheaped out on the interior and the way they put the car together/ the only good thing they did was the M6 tranny and LT/LS1 motors and even those have some cheaper pieces...cough cough cough rod bolts
What he said. We paid more for an excellent powertrain than we did for a quality car.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Launching!

very nice

Quick Reply: is it me or did GM purposely leave f-bodies plain to cut costs & to allow us to cust