Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The hot pink is not going to happen...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The hot pink is not going to happen...

For all of you that may remember the post about my friend who wanted to paint her car hot pink....well, despite all the positive feedback she received, she decided against it and now the car is going to be blue. I don't know the exact color code, but it's a metallic blue, it's actually a Lamborghini color, so my guess is that it will look like the Murcielago that was in Bullrun. She really wanted red for the longest time, but since she wanted metallic red but in the shade of the factory Bright Rally Red, that color was not in the cards since it would have be custom mixed.

The car is going in for body work and paint on wednesday. I will try to post some before, during, and after pictures, so everyone stay tuned. I am sure I can get a picture of her with the car once the car is done.

Thanks for reading
Old 05-21-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think that this is the better choice, im guessing her hood finally showed up..

oh kinda off topic, how is jadens truck?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cant wait! That metallic blue should look great as well.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if she wants it red tell her to check out a color called "velocity red" its a mazda color... its a 3 stage red pearl... deffinitly the nicest red iv ever seen from a stock color... no custom mixing they paint this color on mazda speed miata's and such... i did the stripe on my hood in it and i think its amazing... the sunlight it looks like sex.... just an idea for ya...
Old 05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

bright atlantic blue that was on the mustangs is pretty sweet
Old 05-21-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thank God

You should check out Admiral Blue.....kick *** blue
Old 05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Will someone try to photoshop my car blue? Can't exactly tell you what the color is...but it should look like this:

And here's the victim....my car, once again

I'll change the Lambo picture if I can find a better one.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by presto_z
i think that this is the better choice, im guessing her hood finally showed up..

oh kinda off topic, how is jadens truck?

Yeah, the hood showed up, had a few minor problems, but hopefully nothing that can't be fixed. Jaydens truck has to wait until her car is done, so he's gotta wait another two weeks or so....poor guy...

Her car turned into a little bit of a beast after we put my gears into it. It runs really strong, and she drives it like she stole it. I was behind her following her to go to her place, and some slow poke was in her way...she changed lanes and gunned it, and got a lil sideway passing the poor bastard....it was a Kodak moment!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Thank god she isnt gonna ruin such a nice ride!!! Cant wait to see what the finished product is gonna look like!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Not quite on , but should give you a good idea...

Old 05-22-2007, 03:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not Electron Blue?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice photoshop skills. If it looks like the picture, I know I'd be happy.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my crack at it....I didn't refine my selection from last time, so ignore the red outline in some areas (grill etc)...I had it saved to I just played with the color a bit.

There's a weird green hue happening on the hood if you just monkey with the hue, so I did some airbrushing/layer effects on the hood to kinda help get rid of that. Also tried to imply some shadow at the rear of the car to help show the color depth.

I'm with demonbird...why not electron blue? Easy color to find/match..plus it's GM

Old 05-22-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Electron Blue was the first color I suggested to her. There happened to be a EB Z06 for sale in town and I showed her that while driving by, but she thought it will be too dark, she just didn't seem to like the color. Is Electron Blue a metallic color? That's her main thing, she wants "sparkly".

Thanks to both of you guys for the photoshopping, that should give a good general idea of what the car will look like. The only differences being is that she has a OEM style SS hood, and she will keep the stock grille which will be painted glossy black with the CAMARO letters painted body color, she will have a black hood scoop that will get blended in....no hard lines, and same with the back, a glossy Berger panel that gets blended in around the taillights and the Camaro letters will be painted body color. Her car also has polished 18 x 9.5" Z06 wheels, not ZR1's like mine.

Should be interesting to see it. I'll post "before" pictures wednesday night.

Manny
Old 05-22-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why not medium blue metallic?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
Electron Blue was the first color I suggested to her. There happened to be a EB Z06 for sale in town and I showed her that while driving by, but she thought it will be too dark, she just didn't seem to like the color. Is Electron Blue a metallic color? That's her main thing, she wants "sparkly".

Thanks to both of you guys for the photoshopping, that should give a good general idea of what the car will look like. The only differences being is that she has a OEM style SS hood, and she will keep the stock grille which will be painted glossy black with the CAMARO letters painted body color, she will have a black hood scoop that will get blended in....no hard lines, and same with the back, a glossy Berger panel that gets blended in around the taillights and the Camaro letters will be painted body color. Her car also has polished 18 x 9.5" Z06 wheels, not ZR1's like mine.

Should be interesting to see it. I'll post "before" pictures wednesday night.

Manny
Any color can be metallic, you just add flake.

Here's my 1994 Z painted Electron Blue:

Hers would be a lot lighter though because it would be painted on a white base where as mine was painted on a black base. I LOVED that color! You won't believe how much attention it gets !

When I first got it done my painter, Whistler, didn't want me to take it to any shows because he had to wait a week to wetsand and buff it to make it "show quality".

Well, I went to a local one anyways but parked WAY away from the show in a different lot. I forgot my cell phone in my car and when I went back to get it there were about 20 guys/girls standing around it looking at it...

I opened my door and they're all like, "What color is that?! Is it Electron Blue like the Vettes?!?! (the color had JUST come out)"...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Here is the blue color thread; I posted a pic of Lamborghini Ocean Blue Metallic, maybe that's the color she went with?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/671084-best-blue.html

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4963/cc33qc4.jpg

Here is Lamborghini's (PPG) color chart:
http://www.lambocars.com/archive/paint.htm
Murcielago colors:
http://www.lambocars.com/archive/paintmur.htm

I'm really anxious to see how this turns out; I think a bright/ deep blue will look great on a Camaro. What kind of hood does she have?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Grrrr...I wish I could remember what the damn color was called. I'll know for sure tomorrow when we drop the car off. I am digging the Ocean Blue though...that looks awesome.

Whistler had to wait a week to color sand the car? Why? Due to time constraints, or because the paint is supposed to cure that long?
Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Why not medium blue metallic?
or bright blue metallic
I love it day and night
Old 05-23-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well...today is the big day, car is going in for paint. I will try and get a before picture today and post it in here.

Quick Reply: The hot pink is not going to happen...