Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino Ftmfw!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Ftmfw!!!!!!!!

So yesturday I had the day off and got this wild hair in my *** to buff and polish the Bird of Fire.

Started off with a bath of Dawn, followed by Claybar, then another GOOD bath with Z7. I then used my Porter Cable with an orange Sonus buffing pad and went over the car REALLY good with ZPC.

Just after doing those THREE steps, the paint turned out GREAT. I have never used Zaino on a Dark color before, but I was completely and totally impressed on how it turned out. The ZPC took my breath away on how well it worked. Of course for being over 10 yrs old, the paint on the car was in VERY good shape too.

I actually went over the car twice with ZPC. The first time it looked OK, but there were still a lot of fine scratches on the car. I called my friend, who is pretty much the king when it comes to detailing, and he told me to make sure I was puttting good pressure on the buffer when I buffed the car. I went back over it again, this time, putting enough pressure to where the buffer started to bog down. The great thing about ZPC is that it WILL NOT burn the paint if too much pressure is applied. The car turned out great.

After I was done with that I applied ZAIO with the Porter Cable and a Blue Sonus pad. ZAIO, unlike ZPC, does not require pressure or working into the paint. It is a chemical sealant that just needs applied, dried, and then wiped off. Well it has been cool around here, so last night the ZAIO did not fully dry, so I let it sit overnight and wiped it off today at lunch.

Once again, I was blown off my feet. ZAIO doesn't really add to the brillance of the shine, but protects. Even still, the car looked GREAT after taking the ZAIO off. I took it all off, laid down a quick layer of Z6 and then applied a coat of Z5. Tonight I am going to take that off, put down another layer of Z6 and then tomorrow night put on another coat of Z5.

My alley is muddy so I won't be able to get the car out of the back garage for another week or so. Until then, pretty much everyday, I am going to apply a coat of Z5. I usually use Z6 in between each coat once or twice, depending on how long it sits with no wax on it. If I wipe off the wax and let it sit over nite au natural, then I will wipe it down with Z6 again before applying anything.

After a good week of Z5 I think I might do a few coats of Z2PRO, just to get that wet, mirror look even deeper. Then I am going to finish it off with ZCS and then Z8.

I plan on blinding people when I am done with it!!! LOL

I will make sure to get pics throughout the process.

If any of you are thinking about trying ZAINO, do it, not only does it look great, but it protects VERY GOOD.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im interested in this, ill be doing a full detail on my car soon.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

I would do it for sure. Zaino rules all!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-21-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

I'll get some good pics tonight after I take off yet another coat of Z5! lol 2 down 3 to go
Old 12-23-2007, 04:00 AM
TECH Addict

Wheres the pics at!!! lol.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

maybe i would read that giant post if there were some pics to back up all that writing!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

i just blacked out my taillights and they are the best that are on any t/a or camaro on this site since i had it clear coated by chevy and turned out great but im not posting pics.

sorry!

post pics!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry guys, I will get some pics tonight after I quick detail it. Had it outside yesturday since we had Xmas dinner in the back garage and wouldn't ya know, it flurried on my car!!!

I hate mother nature!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Disturbed Bird, you have by far one of the best Avatars!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

I second the Zaino products!!!
VERY GOOD PRODUCT!!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

Nice Pics!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MattIROC
Nice Pics!!!
LOL ok ok I will get some up tonight!
Old 12-27-2007, 02:00 AM
12 Second Club

zaio does have cleaning abilitys. the zpc is good and so is the zaio. i use the zaio on my escalade and its white diamond tri coat and it really makes the pearl pop out. i have just about every thing zaino makes. i tryed tropicare just for the hell of it{i tryed the tire shine,car wash,and detail spray}and in my opinion it not nearly as good as the zaino. there tire shine is about the best you can get but zaio car remove very minor swirls and oxidation.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by shaun
zaio does have cleaning abilitys. the zpc is good and so is the zaio. i use the zaio on my escalade and its white diamond tri coat and it really makes the pearl pop out. i have just about every thing zaino makes. i tryed tropicare just for the hell of it{i tryed the tire shine,car wash,and detail spray}and in my opinion it not nearly as good as the zaino. there tire shine is about the best you can get but zaio car remove very minor swirls and oxidation.
Yeah I have tried just about everything and I always end up back on Zaino. The only thing I do like on dark colored paints is Pinnacle Souvern (sp?) that stuff is the ****, but doesn't protect as good as Zaino.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Not very good pics since I can't pull it outside due to the snow, but you get the point.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Lookin' good.....
Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you are done with it, I would love to see how your car looks outside of the garage, with different angle shots.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

You may have to wait awhile!! The garage pictured is in my back garage and there is a paved walking track back there I drive on to get it out. But, there is about a 200ft stretch of dirt that is probably the lowest part of the whole freaking alley.

We got a bunch of snow that isn't gone yet and we are supposed to get another 6 inches today into tonight.

Even if we get nice weather, it will still be about 2 weeks after all the snow is gone before the back alley dries up completely. And that is the only way I will bring the car out.

Oh well between now and then I'll probably go through a whole bottle of Z5 Pro and Z2 Pro, then finish it off with Z8 and ZCS.

I average a coat every other day.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Loooks really good! I need to get that wild hair in my *** to get up and detail my car before spring lol

Quick Reply: Zaino Ftmfw!!!!!!!!