Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how to spice up the engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to spice up the engine bay

my engine bay is "stock" as far as anything nice and polished being in there. im going to put some cash into the power aspect of it, but i also want to make it look nice and give it its own style. what are some good parts i can get that will make it look good and where? thanx
Old 07-19-2003, 04:32 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: how to spice up the engine bay

Engine caps from mbaproducts.com ThunderRacing also carries them.. Get the high polished caps, and they will really spice up your engine bay.. You could also send off some of the brackets to get chromed.. Stuff like that, or taking the time to polish, will really get attention and prizes.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks man. also is there anywhere else that has more stuff for the trans am. i know it sounds greedy but i cant seem to find that much for the TA on this site. thanx
Old 07-19-2003, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Having custom FRC (fuel rail covers in case you didnt know) also spices it up a good amount, if you ask me. Just makes it look better, even tho you can only really see about 1/4 of the fronts.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

You could also have some plastic pieces painted, or coated with carbon fiber.. Use your imagination- the possibilities are endless.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the Fuel Rail Covers will really add a nice touch. Don't bother getting custom ones, unless you want a really neat design or something. I bought mine for $50 (off board member), filled in the "Corvette", and painted them! They look really great!! I don't have any pics but will soon.

If you want the polished look, you can get aluminum colored paint, or chrome color.

Old 07-19-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

fuel rail covers (filled in)

you could also relocate your coils and paint/polish the valve covers. I think that looks pretty cool too.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:12 AM
Teching In

yeah FRC's are a must man, I got mine used for $40 and painted it my self and also made a battery cover to match.. check out the pics on page 2 http://www.cardomain.com/id/ls199redta
Deep
Old 07-20-2003, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paint it, plate it or polish it.. be creative and try to do SOMETHING with every parts.. even if its just paint. Powderpainting is cheap in bulk and polishing can be done even on your own with a few simple tools..

Get rid of clutter.. that includes wiring (hide it) stickers (remove them).. and anything else that can be neatened up..

Pic a theme and stick with it.. you dont need a rainbow under there.. pick your accent colors and remove or paint anything that dosent match.. for example I have red as my accent so I painted the dipstick handle red from yellow.

Take a chance.. the bigger the risk the bigger the reward.. I pulled off my water pump and added a fully polished and chromed 98 pump. Turned out great..

DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS... there is not ONE thing that makes my engine stand out.. there are hundreds of tiny things all working together. You want people to like you engine bay without knowing exactly why. The biggest nice comment item in my engine bay is the smallest thing.. the bow-tie bolts..

Most of all have fun and you too can be a blingmeister..

Quick Reply: how to spice up the engine bay