Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finished the berger for my black Z & new plates!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finished the berger for my black Z & new plates!!

Well I wasn't sure at first how it would look, but I like it a lot so far. I just got the plates a few weeks ago too.

Let me know what yall think, and yes I know I still need to put the bowtie and Z28 emblem back on.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks great. I never would have thought a berger on a black car would look good at all.

Good job!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks very nice! the berger mod is definitely growing on me
Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Very tastefully well done. It comes off as subtle and stylish, just as it should on a black car.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Launching!

looks great!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice and neat! Got to love that GMMG!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good, and I like the plate too. The stainless inserts look so good on black. Reminds me of the GMMG Dale Earnhardt cars.

What paint did you end up using on the panel? I want to see it person.

My next suggestion it to find out if the aftermarket 8" antenna from a vette has the same threads and put on on there- they're $20. Or, you could cut that one.

Last edited by kerryt1; 03-28-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

berger looks really good, and yeah those big antennas make our cars look like rc cars
Old 03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kerryt1
Looking good, and I like the plate too. The stainless inserts look so good on black. Reminds me of the GMMG Dale Earnhardt cars.

What paint did you end up using on the panel? I want to see it person.

My next suggestion it to find out if the aftermarket 8" antenna from a vette has the same threads and put on on there- they're $20. Or, you could cut that one.
Well it was a rattle can from O'reillys called trim black, it's trim panel paint. It was the color name that GMMG told me to use. It came out pretty good.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexZ
rattle can from O'reillys called trim black, it's trim panel paint. It was the color name that GMMG told me to use.
That's good to know! I've done one before but didn't get that slight gray textured look in it. I'd used satin black and it was a lil too shiny.

What did you do for prep on it before you shot it with the trim paint? Looks sharp, I'll probably redo mine soon.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good! Im really thinkin about doin it to my car since the niteshades I had on my tails has faded so bad...
Old 03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dam. im in love with your car man lol
Old 03-28-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Your car looks great! I saw you driving up interstate 10 I believe last week when I was in Houston. I wasnt too familiar with the area so I might be wrong, we were driving back from Texas World Speedway and you passed us, I was in my car following my friends Supra, and my friends were driving my truck. Your car looks killer with the black wheels, I want to do my panel the same way!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02EBZO6
That's good to know! I've done one before but didn't get that slight gray textured look in it. I'd used satin black and it was a lil too shiny.

What did you do for prep on it before you shot it with the trim paint? Looks sharp, I'll probably redo mine soon.
I cleaned it really well first and then wet sanded with 600 grit through the clear. Then I cleaned it again and had to fill some scratches with body filler; sanded smooth, cleaned, and sprayed it with 3 coats.

The paint "flashes" in about 3-5 min, so the three coats go on in a total of 15 minutes, it's pretty quick.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
Your car looks great! I saw you driving up interstate 10 I believe last week when I was in Houston. I wasnt too familiar with the area so I might be wrong, we were driving back from Texas World Speedway and you passed us, I was in my car following my friends Supra, and my friends were driving my truck. Your car looks killer with the black wheels, I want to do my panel the same way!
Yeah, that was me, it was on highway 6 on the way to Houston.

You're car is so sick. I was hoping to run into some of the 2K8 guys that day and I got excited when I saw you and your friend. I like the wheels too but I kinda want to get some new street wheels.

Did you run at TWS?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, that was me, it was on highway 6 on the way to Houston.

You're car is so sick. I was hoping to run into some of the 2K8 guys that day and I got excited when I saw you and your friend. I like the wheels too but I kinda want to get some new street wheels.

Did you run at TWS?
Ya Highway 6 thats it!

My car would have been fast on the straight away thats about it, no sway bar, drag radials etc it would have been a handfull

I just wanted to drive the car that day, we were all gonna jump in the truck but I changed my mind at the last minute. I did run at Lonestar on Saturday though, had a blast, makes me want to leave Albuquerque and move out there, I couldn't believe how green it was and how big Houston is. I was really impressed, big change from out here.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
Ya Highway 6 thats it!

My car would have been fast on the straight away thats about it, no sway bar, drag radials etc it would have been a handfull

I just wanted to drive the car that day, we were all gonna jump in the truck but I changed my mind at the last minute. I did run at Lonestar on Saturday though, had a blast, makes me want to leave Albuquerque and move out there, I couldn't believe how green it was and how big Houston is. I was really impressed, big change from out here.
Yeah I grew up in the panhandle close to Amarillo so I know what you're talking about, and I've been down here almost 5 years now and it's awesome. No dust storms, it's warm like 8-10 months a year, lots of racetracks, and texas women!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I grew up in the panhandle close to Amarillo so I know what you're talking about, and I've been down here almost 5 years now and it's awesome. No dust storms, it's warm like 8-10 months a year, lots of racetracks, and texas women!

The only thing I dont know if I could deal with would be the humidity but thats the only downside of living where its green.

There was less dust on my car from being out there in Houston for 5 days than compared to Albuquerque for 1 day.

I could easily pick up and move, but I would have to score a job out there first, and then see where it goes from there, but who knows
Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Very tastefully well done. It comes off as subtle and stylish, just as it should on a black car.
exactly my thoughts it looks realy good. what wheels are you running
Old 03-28-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good TEX!!

Quick Reply: Finished the berger for my black Z & new plates!!